I am running Zimbra Desktop 2.0 Beta 4. When I am on the "accounts / Setup" portion of zimbra desktop, there are several links at the bottom in small print.

One is "open in a web browser." When I click that link, it opens Zimbra Desktop in Google Chrome (my default browser). It is AMAZING how much faster Zimbra Desktop is in Chrome!! Switching between folders is instantaneous as well as switching to "address book" calendar, etc. I have loved Zimbra Desktop 2, and now I love it even more.

My question is, how do I configure it to open in Chrome to begin with? Or is that something I can configure on Chromes side? Or something I can change in the launch of Zimbra desktop.

I have it running on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala, and Windows XP Pro. On both platforms Zimbra Desktop with "open in a web browser" is rocket fast (chrome is default on both). I've tried making an application shortcut in chrome however, as soon as I close the original Zimbra Desktop window it no longer works. And clicking the chrome app shortcut on the desktop no longer works either.

So right now I open zimbra desktop go to setup / accounts view, and click open in a web browser, then minimize Zimbra Desktop, and use it in Chrome. If I want it in chrome without the address bar, tabs, favorites, plugins, etc. then in chrome I click "wrench" -> Tools -> Create Application shortcut. This pops it out into it's own window and now it looks just like Zimbra Desktop, except it is exceptionally fast.

Any help would be great, or a way to do it in less steps.

Thanks