This little change has been tested in Spanish Windows XP and I think it is a workaround for non-ASCII characters in Data Program path.
Edit this file (or Program Files equivalent in your country):
C:\Archivos de programa\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\zdrun.vbs
string and replace it with:
sLocalAppDir = oShellApp.Namespace(&H1c&).Self.Path
Thank you to other contributors (The 8.3 path was the answer to the solution).
sLocalAppDir = (oFso.GetFolder(oShellApp.Namespace(&H1c&).Self.Path)).ShortPath
So general instructions should be:
1. Install Zimbra Desktop but do not tell it to run.
2. (Optional) If you have tried to make Zimbra Desktop to run by yourself open regedit and delete:
3. (Optional) If you have tried to make Zimbra Desktop and it has create some files, let's say in:
(Or Local Configuration equivalent) delete them.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Configuración local\Datos de programa\Zimbra
4. Apply zdrun.vbs hack described above.
5. Double-click on Zimbra Desktop 2 shortcut and enjoy !