Thread: Zimbra Desktop: IMAP Custom Sent/Trash/Junk Folders

Hybrid View

Default Zimbra Desktop: IMAP Custom Sent/Trash/Junk Folders

Hi There,

Is it possible to set custom Sent/Trash/Junk folders per imap account (like in outlook/entourage). For instance, I have a folder called "sent-mail" on my server, where I want all mail I send from Zimbra Desktop to end up.

I looked around in the preferences tab, help etc, but couldn't find a means to do this.

Thanks in Advance.

Masham123,

The defualted preferences will not resolveyour request. through some troubleshooting, it may be possible to create a client side rule to move these messages into that specified folder after you reply or send the message.

A secondary option is to have all sent items forwarded to your specified folder.

Besides the above methods, you can simply click and drag messages sent out using the Desktop version of Zimbra.

hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTech View Post
    Masham123,

The defualted preferences will not resolveyour request. through some troubleshooting, it may be possible to create a client side rule to move these messages into that specified folder after you reply or send the message.
    Please, could you give me an idea about how to create such a rule? I did the same in outlook, but as a filter option Outllok allows you to specify to apply the rule only to sent messages. In ZD I am able to create rules or filters only for incoming messages. But I probably misnoted something .
    Thanks.

paegas ,

Creating a filter for sent items is going to be difficult if you are sending to multiple addresses. A filter can be created using the following:

Select filter > Outgoing Message filters > New filter.

Here is were it can get tricky. If your sending to one address all the time you can use settings such as To > contains > (email address). Then file to folder, specify the folder you want it to be moved to. This will auto forward messages to that recipient to a specified folder.

If your sending to contacts, you can set Address IN > To > IN > My Contacts. Then file to folder, specify were you want them to go once created. This will move any messages created with contact addresses.

BTW these are performed in the web client. You can perform this in the desktop version but the ZD will need to be open for the filter to work.

I hope this information helps.

SpiderTech, many thanks for your help.
    Unfortunately I cannot find filters for outgoing messages. In the preferences/account, for each mail-account (i have four) I can set Filters. But, only for incoming mail. Is there another way to set filters, which allows also filters for outgoing mail?
    Last edited by paegas; 04-24-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Paegas,

Which Zimbra version are you using? The Web client, or the Zimbra desktop? When you attempt to create a filter what options are available, you stated only four.

It is very possible you are on an older version of Zimbra. I have confirmed the settings in the Zimbra desktop and i have the 1.0.4 version

Keep me posted.

Hi SpiderTech, thanks again. I installed the ZD 2.0.1, as it appears to be the latest issue from zimbra.com. But in case the 1.0.4 can solve my problem, I will go straight to that !(it can be found into the "archive" section of the "download" folder)

Paegas,

Your version is more updated then the one I have.

Again: in the subject i selected To > contains > a users email address. Then file into folder.

This moved only composed messages to that address.

That was the only filter i was able to get to work for your situation. Do you have a Zimbra Web client with your Zimbra Service?

Keep me posted.

Thumbs up Solution below

Hi all,

I had the same problem with one of my IMAP accounts (Cyrus IMAP 2.3.14). Here's a solution that works fine for me using Zimbra Desktop 7.1.4 GA (Build 11299).

When I wanted to write down a small HOWTO, I found this had happened in another thread already. See http://www.zimbra.com/forums/general...tml#post240089

To add, in a Windows 64 bit installation, the datasource.xml is located both at
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\conf\
    and
    %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\data\conf\

So, if Zimbra Desktop is used by more than one user on the machine, you will maybe want to patch the user-specific datasource.xml only.

Here are my settings for the IMAP server mentioned in the beginning:

Code:
        <service name="<MYMAILSERVERDOMAIN>" saveToSent="true">
            <folder remotePath="INBOX" localPath="/Inbox" sync="true"/>
            <folder remotePath="Drafts" localPath="/Drafts" sync="true"/>
            <folder remotePath="Junk" localPath="/Junk" sync="true"/>
            <folder remotePath="Trash" localPath="/Trash" sync="true"/>
            <folder remotePath="sent-mail" localPath="/Sent" sync="true"/>
        </service>
    However, note that Drafts is not syncing, which is a known bug: Bug 46200 - Sync Drafts folder for known IMAP services

Regards
    Florian