Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Couldn't Read Override.ini

few things: i don't have a non-ascii user name (its Admin) i don't use bitdefender or whatever was previously mentioned. I have previously installed and used zimbra email on this computer, this set up. i needed to restore because something happened so my computer no longer recognized its wifi adapter, and the auto-restore point happened to be immediately before i installed zimbra.

i fell in love with the program in 0.5 seconds, what should i do to remedy this?

I have the same "Couldn't read override.ini" error as everyone on here. The issue is not resolved, despite people claiming it is. I do not have a non-ascii anything, installation is in English, and it is also a second installation. The first installation ran fine, except it had a problem with the address book not importing properly. I uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, edited the registry, and all the chanting, sacrificing chickens, hopping on one foot during the full moon, etc as is typical for troubleshooting software problems.

Your "fix" goes after the "sDataRoot = sLocalAppDir & "\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop"" string in the .vbs file.... well, it seems the Windows 7 version doesn't have this string? There is a GetDataRoot entry that is otherwise the same... is that the one? Maybe we could just put all the lines of code in a bag of Scrabble tiles and pull them out one by one and make funny jokes with them?

Zimbra v7.1.4 / Windows 7 Pro 64x SP1, lots of memory, drive space, etc... even two fancy monitors

Quote Originally Posted by jpbernier View Post
    Your "fix" goes after the "sDataRoot = sLocalAppDir & "\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop"" string in the .vbs file.... well, it seems the Windows 7 version doesn't have this string? There is a GetDataRoot entry that is otherwise the same... is that the one? Maybe we could just put all the lines of code in a bag of Scrabble tiles and pull them out one by one and make funny jokes with them?
    My fix doesn't say anything about sDataRoot. Just use CTRL+F or maybe CTRL+B in notepad and search for:
    Code:
    sLocalAppDir =
    or
    Code:
    sLocalAppDir
    I bet it will have the fixed code because Zimbra was supposed to have fixed this problem with my workaround.

Please report back your findings. Thank you.
    Adrian Gibanel, IT Manager

"be free, be innovative, bTactic"

Av. Balmes, 34 4rt 1a B | Lleida, Spain 25006

www.btactic.com

"My fix doesn't say anything about sDataRoot" ... I copied that line directly from it.

Regardless, after applying "the fix" to the sLocalAppDir directory (in the GetDataRoot line), the "Couldn't read ovveride.ini" error goes away, but what happens is the "Initializing, please wait" dialog box appears for a few seconds - then disappears and the program closes. No error, but no Zimbra either, no nothing. Just the sounds of crickets chirping (not really).

"I bet it will have the fixed code because Zimbra was supposed to have fixed this problem with my workaround."
    I think I'm using the latest build available (v7.1.4)... ??? It's from their site.

I've successfully installed Zimbra Desktop on a different Vista machine (my old laptop), but there are serious Address Book problems. I'll look for that in another thread. Needless to say, I'm really not very impressed so far. Seems like a great solution for me if I can get it to work!

Quote Originally Posted by jpbernier View Post
    "My fix doesn't say anything about sDataRoot" ... I copied that line directly from it.

Regardless, after applying "the fix" to the sLocalAppDir directory (in the GetDataRoot line), the "Couldn't read ovveride.ini" error goes away, but what happens is the "Initializing, please wait" dialog box appears for a few seconds - then disappears and the program closes. No error, but no Zimbra either, no nothing. Just the sounds of crickets chirping (not really).

"I bet it will have the fixed code because Zimbra was supposed to have fixed this problem with my workaround."
    I think I'm using the latest build available (v7.1.4)... ??? It's from their site.

I've successfully installed Zimbra Desktop on a different Vista machine (my old laptop), but there are serious Address Book problems. I'll look for that in another thread. Needless to say, I'm really not very impressed so far. Seems like a great solution for me if I can get it to work!
    I am experiencing this error, too, on Windows 7.

I installed ZC 7.2.2, and the next day, was experiencing problems with a shipping application that I use almost daily. Could not figure out that problem, so I decided to do a system restore to the state before installing ZD.

I tried to Re-install ZD 7.2.2 today, and get the "cannot read override.ini" error now.

I did the patch/fix listed in this article, but after doing that patch, I get the same "Initializing, Please wait..." message for a few seconds, then it disappears.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice (once before patch, once after patch did not work), with no luck.

Currently uninstalled.

Would love to see Zimbra supply a patch for Windows 7 for this.

Is this code the fixed one?

If Not oFso.FolderExists(sLocalAppDir & "\Zimbra") Then
    oFso.CreateFolder sLocalAppDir & "\Zimbra"
    End If
    If Not oFso.FolderExists(sLocalAppDir & "\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop") Then
    oFso.CreateFolder sLocalAppDir & "\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop"
    End If

Quote Originally Posted by terjli View Post
    Is this code the fixed one?

If Not oFso.FolderExists(sLocalAppDir & "\Zimbra") Then
    oFso.CreateFolder sLocalAppDir & "\Zimbra"
    End If
    If Not oFso.FolderExists(sLocalAppDir & "\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop") Then
    oFso.CreateFolder sLocalAppDir & "\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop"
    End If
    No. Please check:

Zimbra Desktop 2 - Automatic 8.3 solution for Program Folder
    for the specific code.

If the expected code is not found in your recent Zimbra Desktop installation please reopen: https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=44608.
    Last edited by adrian.gibanel.btactic; 12-11-2013 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Typo
    Adrian Gibanel, IT Manager

"be free, be innovative, bTactic"

Av. Balmes, 34 4rt 1a B | Lleida, Spain 25006

www.btactic.com