I followed the above instructions...3 times to make sure I didn't get something wrong, and I can tell you it just doesn't work. Each time I do this, Zimbra Desktop will not start, no matter what I do, and I have to remove it and completely re-install.
I tried the first way, with a new installation and no mail account set up. Didn't work.
Tried the 2nd way, with the registry hack on an already installed mail account, didn't work either.
What I am trying to do is simply change the message store to a central server in our domain so that everyone's mail can get backed up in one single location. (Everyone's person folder on the server, all have H:\whatever) I am researching this as my cheap boss doesn't want to pay for Outlook anymore.
If anyone has any additions, or sees something amiss on these instructions that may be keeping this from working, please chime in an let us know. It seems simple enough, but I just can't get it to happen for me.