Thread: Account "paused"--how un-pause?

Default Account "paused"--how un-pause?

I am aware that this may be a stupid question, but it evidently is so elementary that it doesn't show up on any documentation at all.
    I set up Desktop and it was running fine. Suddenly, it stopped, and when I went back to account setup, it says "paused" to the right of the Last Sync information. I can find nothing to tell me how to un-pause the account. I continue to be able to read the account through my ISP's web browser interface (yuk) and Thunderbird (trying to migrate from its script problems). Can anyone tell me how to get this un-stuck?
    TIA,
    Greg

Default same problem

same problem: how do I un-pause the account?

Quote Originally Posted by 1gpwidin View Post
    I am aware that this may be a stupid question, but it evidently is so elementary that it doesn't show up on any documentation at all.
    I set up Desktop and it was running fine. Suddenly, it stopped, and when I went back to account setup, it says "paused" to the right of the Last Sync information. I can find nothing to tell me how to un-pause the account. I continue to be able to read the account through my ISP's web browser interface (yuk) and Thunderbird (trying to migrate from its script problems). Can anyone tell me how to get this un-stuck?
    TIA,
    Greg

Yup I've just installed Zimbra Desktop, set up all my accounts and they are all now stuck on "paused". No obvious way to unpause, incredibly frustrating.

Come on community? is this a bug or a feature? how do we unpause?

I'm running 64 bit Windows 7.

thanks!

Default possible solution?

I closed the Zimbra window. Then Ctrl-Alt-Del to get Task Manager. Then went to Processes tab and looked for the two that start with z: zclient... and zdesktop... or something like that. Clicked end task for each. Then restarted Zimbra. That seemed to get it unpaused, though I'm still not convinced that it's stable.

Also having trouble with a second zimbra account that refuses to sync, but that's another story ...

I experienced the same simptoms , when nothing is happening in zimbra desktop , click on setup ( shows paused ) . Then click on edit --> validate and save . Account then online again. Launch Desktop

Same problem here. So buggy.

Not sure if this will help everyone but we had the same problem. We had some emails stuck in the outbox because they had very large attachments that our service provider would not take. We deleted the emails, restarted Zimbra and the accounts were no longer paused.

Adman

Quote Originally Posted by obsidian View Post
    I experienced the same simptoms , when nothing is happening in zimbra desktop , click on setup ( shows paused ) . Then click on edit --> validate and save . Account then online again. Launch Desktop
    Whilst testing a cron job that was sending a log report to me a few times, all of a sudden ZD stopped and paused. I tried the above suggestion but didnt work for me. I also tried getting rid of a large email (email attachment), closed ZD, reopened ZD but still stuck in the "paused" mode. Nothing.

Default Zimbra paused all of sudden

I found that my Zimbra linked with Yahoo in not synchronizing any more for a few days. I got no solution with in Zimbra itself. It was showing "Paused".

Thanks to this forum and to Mr Adman who suggested that there may be a very large file on mail which logged the account.

I checked the account and found that I mailed a 60 mb file which was hanging in outbox.
    When I deleted that file from outbox and re started Zimbra.

Thank God it worked.

J K Agrawal Advocate India