Thread: Emails stuck in Outbox

Default Emails stuck in Outbox

Please can someone help to resolve the problem of emails getting stuck in my Outbox. This has been an intermittent problem over months, which has always managed to sort itself out, but not this time. I have tried re-opening the mails and re-sending, re-booting the machine and dragging to drafts and telling it to send and nothing is working. I can receive emails and send emails from webmail, but can only receive through Zimbra.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I'm so desperate I'm about to install a new email client, any recommendations!!

First, its very possible the messages you are attempting to send have been corrupted and will need to be removed from your out box.

Once this has been completed, "test" your connectivity by sending one message at a time. If your test message fails to send, Check your SMTP settings and make sure you are using the correct server and port settings.

The ability to send/receive E-mails on the web console indicates this is definitely local to the desktop client.

What is the version of the ZD you are using? Also what type of account configuration is this POP, IMAP ,exchange...

Hope this Helps

Helping the world one E-mail at a time
    VAR Dynamics is the #1 provider of private-label enterprise class Software as a Service.

Thanks, I'm not sure what version of Zimbra I'm using, where can I find out?

I've deleted all the emails in the Outbox and have composed a new message which is in the Outbox on its own, and has been for around an hour, so obviously the problem still exists.

I'm using a POP server.

I've been using Zimbra for about 10 months and have encountered this problem once before, but after a day it righted its self. I don't quite understand how the ports could be incorrect if its been fine for so long?

I greatly appreciate your help.

Carolyn,

If your POP3 settings are correct, re-type your passwords. Also make sure under SMTP server settings "Require Authentication" is checked and the username and password have been filed in correctly.

Smile

Thank you very much for your advice. It appears that there was a problem with the SMTP server password. I reset it and all now seems fine.

I'm please its up and working properly again.

Best Regards to you,

Hosted Zimbra service with VAR Dynamics is the #1 provider of private-label enterprise class Software as a Service.