Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sent Emails are Blank

The last two "blanks" have been html. I just hit Esc and try it again and 9 out 10 it works. I'll keep counting.

Default We have this problem too!

Sometime for no clear reason sent emails are blank. Are the any suggestions or fixes? We also have installed "undo plugin". We are running on version 7.1.

Quote Originally Posted by adoland View Post
    The last two "blanks" have been html. I just hit Esc and try it again and 9 out 10 it works. I'll keep counting.
    adoland, I don't know what you mean. You hit Esc and try resending? Also, when you said you don't use the "undo send", is that just Zimbra desktop, or on the server as well?

For testing, we turned off the "undo send" zimlet on the server on May 1, (no one has it installed on zimbra desktop) and haven't seen the issue so far, I will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by craiglindsay View Post
    "adoland, I don't know what you mean. You hit Esc and try resending?"
    What I mean is you hit reply and you are presented with a blank message body; hit Esc; hit reply again and the message body appears as it should.

"Also, when you said you don't use the "undo send", is that just Zimbra desktop, or on the server as well?"
    We just don't use that Zimlet in either place.

For testing, we turned off the "undo send" zimlet on the server on May 1, (no one has it installed on zimbra desktop) and haven't seen the issue so far, I will let you know.
    Also, although intermitent, I have had three html "blanks" this week. I can't remember if or when I had one from text.

We have run now for one month without the issue since we turned off the undo send zimlet on the server.

I've filed a bug about the issue:
    Bug 60563 – undo_send zimlet sends blank emails

please comment there any further experience, and any possible way to repro the problem (i.e. your preferences when experiencing the problem...)
    thanks
    YetOpen S.r.l. ~ Your open source partner
    Lecco (LC) - ITALY
    http://www.yetopen.it

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    I had to undo send zimlet and it worked fine. I did send in a bug report ago about like a month.
    please link it here and let's dupe mine, I didn't find it with a search on bzc
    YetOpen S.r.l. ~ Your open source partner
    Lecco (LC) - ITALY
    http://www.yetopen.it

Default Similar issues - some information

We, too, are having this problem surface sporadically. We have done some testing - we like the undo send zimlet but if it's causing this problem we will turn it off.

Some things we've noticed (am also posting on bugzilla):
    -we've seen on both Windows and MacOS (haven't noticed on Linux, but that's used less)

-most issues are reported on Firefox ...some have reported no problems on Chrome or Safari (haven't had reports on IE) - but not sure if that's because it is specific to browser or just a result of the difficulty in reproducing

-I have noticed that it seems to be a conflict with the "automatically save a draft" and the undo-send's saving of draft. Turning off the "automatcially save a draft" seems to solve the problem in SOME cases (not all).

-I have seen the problem occur (but I have not had success reproducing) when saving a draft, clicking send & clicking "send now" are all going on at the same time.

it seems to me that if drafts are being saved from different sources (auto save, undo send, click save draft), there is a conflict and a blank message is sent.

I have seen similar reports but haven't been able to reproduce. However, I have made an attempt at solving this by making a small change to the Zimlet's code that disables auto-save-draft when send-btn is clicked. I have uploaded the latest version - see if that helps.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

We don't have the undo send zimlet and have noticed this behaviour in the ZWC.