Thread: Zimbra Desktop and Server 2008 RDS

Default Zimbra Desktop and Server 2008 RDS

Is anyone running Zimbra Desktop on Windows Server 2008 remote desktop services? I am getting ready to roll out a couple of terminal servers for a client and I was wondering how performance was.

We're trying this, too. Most things look perfectly fine so far but we are having some grief handling zimlets. So far, I am guessing that there is no way to centrally manage them across multiple RDS. It looks like they need to be locally installed with one set per RDS rather than per user.

However, we are having grief deploying them. The users are not going to have rights to deploy them but, when we try to deploy them as the administrator from the command line, we are generating errors. I'll place the details in http://www.zimbra.com/forums/general...-zimlet-3.html to keep it in that thread.

Any suggestions? Thanks - John
    www.spiritualoutreach.com
    Making Christianity intelligible to secular society

I'm seeing some disconcerting behavior with ZDC in an RDS environment. My attempts to install zimlets (tracked in http://www.zimbra.com/forums/general...kr-zimlet.html) mangled a production installation on an RDS server. After hours, I uninstalled ZDC with the intention of reinstalling it to recreate the zimlet installation. After running uninstall from the control panel, I was told I needed to reboot for the changes to take effect. A reboot is fine for a single user desktop. It is certainly not fine for a round the clock, multi-user environment as we are targeting.

Are there any plans to address this need in ZDC to reboot after uninstallation?

I believe this reboot was not due to Zimbra. Unfortunately, I have needed to uninstall and re-install again battling another problem but have not been prompted for a reboot. It may have been a remnant upgrade of some other application such as flash.