Thread: Zimbra Desktop Replies or Forwards

Default Zimbra Desktop Replies or Forwards

Testing Zimbra desk top with our new Zimbra server and seeing one little annoyance I'm hoping is just a setting or something simple I've missed. I've got Zimbra desktop set to alway compose in a new window. When I create a new email it works great, pops up a new window and the focus in on the to: field. However, when replying or forwarding, it opens a new windows, but the focus is not where it should be (in the body of the email), or any where I can find it for that matter. Any one else seen this or now how to fix it?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

As this is a Zimbra Desktop question I'll move it to the correct forum.

Quote Originally Posted by rtsmitty23 View Post
    Testing Zimbra desk top with our new Zimbra server and seeing one little annoyance I'm hoping is just a setting or something simple I've missed. I've got Zimbra desktop set to alway compose in a new window. When I create a new email it works great, pops up a new window and the focus in on the to: field. However, when replying or forwarding, it opens a new windows, but the focus is not where it should be (in the body of the email), or any where I can find it for that matter. Any one else seen this or now how to fix it?
    You don't say which version of ZD (nor which operating system) you're using but it works fine for me with ZD 7 beta 1 - hit Forward, it opens a new windows with the cursor in the 'To:' field. If you're not using ZD 7 then try it and see if that does what you expect.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Sorry, I thought I looked for a ZD forum and didn't see it...

Yeah, I missed a bunch of stuff. I'm using ZD 2.01 on Mac OSX 10.6.6.

I guess I misspoke, the forwarding does work fine, it's just when you reply or reply to all the focus is misplaced. I can't tell where it starts, but the first tab puts it in the To: column. I would think it would start in the body of the email.

I could test with ZD 7, but I don't usually roll out with Beta, and I'm hoping to get this going sooner than later...

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Yeah, I missed a bunch of stuff. I'm using ZD 2.01 on Mac OSX 10.6.6.

I guess I misspoke, the forwarding does work fine, it's just when you reply or reply to all the focus is misplaced. I can't tell where it starts, but the first tab puts it in the To: column. I would think it would start in the body of the email.
    Replying also places the cursor in the correct place for me, at the beginning of the message. I'm afraid I don't have access to a MAC so can't test it in that scenario but it works on various Windows & Linux systems for me with ZD 7.

I could test with ZD 7, but I don't usually roll out with Beta, and I'm hoping to get this going sooner than later...
    Even if it is a problem with ZD2 it's not likely to get fixed (or be a high priority), I'd suggest you try the ZD 7 beta 2 that's just been released and see if that works for you.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.