Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Zimbra Desktop Replies or Forwards

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Zimbra Desktop Replies or Forwards

    Testing Zimbra desk top with our new Zimbra server and seeing one little annoyance I'm hoping is just a setting or something simple I've missed. I've got Zimbra desktop set to alway compose in a new window. When I create a new email it works great, pops up a new window and the focus in on the to: field. However, when replying or forwarding, it opens a new windows, but the focus is not where it should be (in the body of the email), or any where I can find it for that matter. Any one else seen this or now how to fix it?

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    As this is a Zimbra Desktop question I'll move it to the correct forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by rtsmitty23 View Post
    Testing Zimbra desk top with our new Zimbra server and seeing one little annoyance I'm hoping is just a setting or something simple I've missed. I've got Zimbra desktop set to alway compose in a new window. When I create a new email it works great, pops up a new window and the focus in on the to: field. However, when replying or forwarding, it opens a new windows, but the focus is not where it should be (in the body of the email), or any where I can find it for that matter. Any one else seen this or now how to fix it?
    You don't say which version of ZD (nor which operating system) you're using but it works fine for me with ZD 7 beta 1 - hit Forward, it opens a new windows with the cursor in the 'To:' field. If you're not using ZD 7 then try it and see if that does what you expect.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Sorry, I thought I looked for a ZD forum and didn't see it...

    Yeah, I missed a bunch of stuff. I'm using ZD 2.01 on Mac OSX 10.6.6.

    I guess I misspoke, the forwarding does work fine, it's just when you reply or reply to all the focus is misplaced. I can't tell where it starts, but the first tab puts it in the To: column. I would think it would start in the body of the email.

    I could test with ZD 7, but I don't usually roll out with Beta, and I'm hoping to get this going sooner than later...

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rtsmitty23 View Post
    Yeah, I missed a bunch of stuff. I'm using ZD 2.01 on Mac OSX 10.6.6.

    I guess I misspoke, the forwarding does work fine, it's just when you reply or reply to all the focus is misplaced. I can't tell where it starts, but the first tab puts it in the To: column. I would think it would start in the body of the email.
    Replying also places the cursor in the correct place for me, at the beginning of the message. I'm afraid I don't have access to a MAC so can't test it in that scenario but it works on various Windows & Linux systems for me with ZD 7.

    Quote Originally Posted by rtsmitty23 View Post
    I could test with ZD 7, but I don't usually roll out with Beta, and I'm hoping to get this going sooner than later...
    Even if it is a problem with ZD2 it's not likely to get fixed (or be a high priority), I'd suggest you try the ZD 7 beta 2 that's just been released and see if that works for you.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 08:21 PM
  2. [SOLVED] Clamav problem ? What's happening ?
    By aNt1X in forum Installation
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 05:43 AM
  3. Can't start Zimbra!
    By zibra in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 12:34 PM
  4. Fedora Core 3, Clean Install - Not working!
    By pcjackson in forum Installation
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 07:38 PM
  5. Mail logs
    By Rick Baker in forum Installation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 04:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •