Thread: synchronizing won't stop

Default synchronizing won't stop

When I start Zimbra Desktop it starts to sync., but the little arrows that move around in circles indicating sync activity, go on forever even after all mail is downloaded, and won't stop until I shut down the program completely.

Hi, what mailbox are u connecting to ? for zcs mailbox, it might be doing a gal (global address list) sync.

Default Not ZCS

Quote Originally Posted by dywang View Post
    Hi, what mailbox are u connecting to ? for zcs mailbox, it might be doing a gal (global address list) sync.
    Hi, it isn't ZCS it's Zimbra Desktop with a Yahoo account. I have another Yahoo account but it's working fine.

Any help is useful.

Quote Originally Posted by tajumulco View Post
    Hi, it isn't ZCS it's Zimbra Desktop with a Yahoo account. I have another Yahoo account but it's working fine.

Any help is useful.
    I reset the account. Now the little arrows dissapeared but the thing keeps on syncing!

Default Same problem again

I uninstalled, re-installed zimbra desktop, same problem, little arrows go on in circles forever!

Help Please, zimbra staff.

could you upload ur zdesktop.log ? found any suspicious exceptions in it that might be related ?

I liked Zimbra Desktop and recommended it as a mail client and similarly have had the same problem. Understandably my mother who had 6 years of emails had her files inconveniently synched to match her local deletes and those files on the yahoo server followed to be lost forever as were many other lost friends who don't like me anymore. As I am not a very popular person at this time. But I still would be interested in the solution. Turning Synch off appears to have no effect. But if you are a Desktop user be alerted to this issue. I do not recommend it for a Yahoo account, I do understand the efficiency of ensuring that synchronization works but in this case it works too well and appears to have no option to stop it.

Default ooops!

Quote Originally Posted by dywang View Post
    could you upload ur zdesktop.log ? found any suspicious exceptions in it that might be related ?
    Your post caught me in the middle of uninstalling zd. I will try re-installing the old 1.04 version and post on results.

BTW, where do I find the log y mention?
    Last edited by tajumulco; 03-14-2011 at 07:22 PM.