Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: backup/import/export doesn't seem to be working

Default backup/import/export doesn't seem to be working

I posted before but got no reply over a long period of time - months. The issue is that every time I try to do an export of my data all that gets created is a small file - a couple of K - whereas in theory my e-mail store is several gig. When I try the export I get the attached message.

I can see that I have some large .cfs files on my computer in a folder called: C:\Users\dell-user\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\index\0\2\index\0 so I am assuming these must have something to do with my e-mail. I know that the e-mail has been downloadedas I synched it with a Yahoo account I have and then disconnected from the Internet and I could still access all my mail from the Zimbra desktop. So how do I export this file so that I can then import it into another mailbox?
    Attached Files Attached Files

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by arlesterc View Post
    I posted before but got no reply over a long period of time - months.
    You should not post duplicate messages in the forums on the same topic.

The issue is that every time I try to do an export of my data all that gets created is a small file - a couple of K - whereas in theory my e-mail store is several gig. When I try the export I get the attached message.

I can see that I have some large .cfs files on my computer in a folder called: C:\Users\dell-user\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\index\0\2\index\0 so I am assuming these must have something to do with my e-mail. I know that the e-mail has been downloadedas I synched it with a Yahoo account I have and then disconnected from the Internet and I could still access all my mail from the Zimbra desktop. So how do I export this file so that I can then import it into another mailbox?
    You've given no details of which version of ZD you're using nor which operating system. If you're not using ZD 7 beta then I'd suggest you download it and try that and see if it works.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks for following up.

Zimbra Desktop 2.0.1 (build 10659)
    Windows 7 Ultimate.

Phoenix:

Still on this.

Default export/import not working

Any further input?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    If you're not using ZD 7 beta then I'd suggest you download it and try that and see if it works.
    Maybe this is his way of saying that issue was addressed in the this update? I don't know, most answers I see on these forums seem to be in hieroglyphics and need interpreting.

Quote Originally Posted by richardr35 View Post
    Maybe this is his way of saying that issue was addressed in the this update?
    No, it was his way of saying "and see if it works" in that version.

Quote Originally Posted by richardr35 View Post
    I don't know, most answers I see on these forums seem to be in hieroglyphics and need interpreting.
    I don't know why you think that, it couldn't be more straightforward, 'download the new version and see if that works' - why is that hieroglyphics?
    Regards

Bill

I was asked which OS and which version when I posted the problem. I replied supplying the information and got no response. If my response had been read it would have shown that I was using the latest version. So upgrading to the latest is not an option.

I was asked which OS and which version when I posted the problem. I replied supplying the information and got no response. If my response had been read it would have shown that I was using the latest version.
    Your reply was read and you're not using the latest version, the latest version is Zimbra Desktop 7. If you read my original post I suggested you try that and see if the problem exists in that version.

So upgrading to the latest is not an option.
    Why not?
    Regards

Bill

Sorry, but that's not what the Web site says:

I go to the official link for Zimbra Desktop - "http://www.zimbra.com/products/desktop.html"

and it says quite clearly:
    +++++++++
    "Downloads

Latest Version:
    Zimbra Desktop 2.0.1"

What page are you looking at? Is 7 now the latest official version? It seems to me it's a beta.

I am also still unclear on whether the backup in the version I have doesn't work - or just doesn't work for me. Is this a known problem with the version I have? Have other people who've had the problem I'm having with the backup had it fixed by 7?

I will read up further on 7 on my own and look at the upgrade but if you could address my questions above I would appreciate it.