Thread: Windows 7 64-Bit zDestop 7.0.1 b10791 Install Errors

Default Windows 7 64-Bit zDestop 7.0.1 b10791 Install Errors

I was running the desktop version 2 fine w/o any issues. When the 7x version came out, I used the check for updates feature and it installed fine.

However, when the desktop runs, it checks emails for my accounts 1 time then then never checks again. I have 2 gmail accounts and a yahoo account that I have set up. I have to restart my computer to get it to work 1 time again.

I can login to my gmail account with chrome/firefox/IE and see that I have new messages. I then click on the send/receive button and nothing happens.

I tried to re-download the 7x beta and run it in repair mode. It runs for a bit then gives me an error. I saved the installer in c:\temp. The error that is displayed after I click the "repair" button is:

"A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\Temp\update.msi"

One other symptom. Every time I right-click on the tray icon and say check for updates, it says that I can restart the desktop now or later. When I restart the new version will be installed. It never seems to install right. Even when I click "restart now."

I have nearly the same symptoms as wildahunden has except 1. I'm only trying to use 2 gmail accounts, 1 with many messages, one with few and 2. the right-clicking the tray icon issue hasn't occurred.

Re-downloading and "repairing" the current installation results in the same error message as wildahunden received. I have downloaded and checked the MD5 checksum to be sure I've received a good download.

Restarting ONLY occasionally causes a gmail account check on the "paused" account. Whenever I view the "setup", the large gmail account is paused and the other is online.

I have looked for an explanation and a solution to the account "paused" condition shown in the account setup screen. I have tried every suggestion I found and NONE work - edit account, restart, kill processes.

I have encountered numerous posts about paused accounts and virtually no responses. Can anyone figure this out?
    Thanks.

I have the same problem. Any help?

Here's a work around that works sometimes. After I login to my computer I start Zimbra desktop. It works for a little while then stops.

I don't close the desktop. Rather I right-click on the icon in the system tray and select "quit." I then click on the desktop icon and it comes up and works sometimes.

If I close the desktop application and then try to quit as described above, it doesn't work and I have to restart to get it to work again.