Thread: Send/Receive freezes, no emails coming in

Angry Send/Receive freezes, no emails coming in

Have wasted about a week with this problem. Write a reply and it sits in Outbox and no amount of clicking on Send/Receive will make it go. No wheels turning, nothing. I open desktop in the morning and no new emails come in for hours until I quit and restart the program. It even happens on my work computer. Tech support keeps asking for a zdesktop.log which I cannot find and he hasn't given me any usable instructions on where or how to find it. This is taking up way too much time. I also get warnings that yahoo is blocking the synching of emails so I have to go to yahoo site to read them so I might as well just forget zimbra and use yahoo and gmail websites...much more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by bellestarr View Post
    Have wasted about a week with this problem. Write a reply and it sits in Outbox and no amount of clicking on Send/Receive will make it go. No wheels turning, nothing. I open desktop in the morning and no new emails come in for hours until I quit and restart the program. It even happens on my work computer. Tech support keeps asking for a zdesktop.log which I cannot find and he hasn't given me any usable instructions on where or how to find it. This is taking up way too much time. I also get warnings that yahoo is blocking the synching of emails so I have to go to yahoo site to read them so I might as well just forget zimbra and use yahoo and gmail websites...much more reliable.
    I'm a new user too, and this has happened to me. Everything seems to be working, then suddenly the send/receive button just stops working. New mail does not come in. Outgoing mail just sits in the Outbox. Clicking on the send/receive button causes the button to animate indicating that you're clicking on it, but nothing happens. Shut down the UI, and start over, still nothing. Go offline and back online. Doesn't help. Wait several hours with it sitting there, mail is still there in the outbox and no new mail has come in. Check the mail on the server, yes, new mail is there. No error messages, no nothing. Zimbra's sitting there like it is working, but simply isn't sending or receiving anything.

I assume you're using Windows? What worked for me was shut down Zimbra then to right-click on the little gray box in the system tray and choose Quit. Then restart Zimbra. Magically it's working. Simply shutting down the UI is not enough. Something is obviously getting stuck at some point. If this thing were a little speedier and didn't stop working like this, I'd be sold.

this happens all the time.

Zimbra is the MOST frustrating email client ever. You wonder why you've not had email for hours, then notice the last sync was ages ago. YOu then need to fart around trying to kick start it. Such a dumb and frustrating process.

Noone seems to acknowledge the problem in the community, just the poor users.

Those symptoms sound similar to what I am experiencing:

https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=59376