Thread: ghost pause - im not collecting your email but I'm not going to tell you

Default ghost pause - im not collecting your email but I'm not going to tell you

Windows 7 64 bit.

My Zimbra Desktop is ALWAYS deciding to pause mail collection on all email accounts, for no apparent reason. I can boot up my machine at 9, mail comes in, good. Mail comes in throughout the morning, then I notice I haven't had mail for a while, then see mail hasn'y sync'd and have to setup-> then change a setting, then change it back, then "launch desktop" for Zimbra to decide to sync mail again.

There is no indication in the GUI that mail has stopped sync'ing/paused - its just up to the user to realise something has gone wrong and manually fix it.

This is rubbish! no other mail client behaves like this! I've used Zimbrs for some time now and can't find a way around it. Is there one?

thanks for all the responses Zimbra! sweet product

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtolikezmbra View Post
    Windows 7 64 bit.

My Zimbra Desktop is ALWAYS deciding to pause mail collection on all email accounts, for no apparent reason. I can boot up my machine at 9, mail comes in, good. Mail comes in throughout the morning, then I notice I haven't had mail for a while, then see mail hasn'y sync'd and have to setup-> then change a setting, then change it back, then "launch desktop" for Zimbra to decide to sync mail again.

There is no indication in the GUI that mail has stopped sync'ing/paused - its just up to the user to realise something has gone wrong and manually fix it.

This is rubbish! no other mail client behaves like this! I've used Zimbrs for some time now and can't find a way around it. Is there one?
    hello guys!

i have the same problem.
    i change mode to suspend om my laptop, and after resume i have status ZDC "online" but mail not received.

I entered to account settings, and status on my gmail indicate on "pause".

when i restart ZDC - mail collecting work properly.

this problem appear randomly, and i cant catch moment when ZDC crashed.

wbr, Sergey
    PS: sorry for my english....

Default Same problem

I am having the same problem. I have 50 Users using zimbra desktop and randomly they will just pause .. I don't know if I can deal with the complaints any more. I might have to move away from zimbra desktop is there a solution to the desktop sync pausing?

Please advise