This has been the most frustrating 2 days. My website is hosted with Intuit and while they provide Zimbra webmail to all of their clients, they had zero idea that there was even a desktop version. So, they can't help with setting up my accounts. I am running Windows 7 and I have no idea what version of Zimbra I downloaded. I downloaded it on June 18th 2011 so whatever version that is. That info isn't clearly posted. I just don't have the time to spend trying to find info on something that should be blatantly obvious. My accounts were set up as best as I could figure out without any sort of direction and I was able to receive all of my emails but I can not send anything. It just bounces back saying that it's an invalid address. It doesn't even show that any emails were sent in my sent folder. The address that I was sending the test to was my gmail account and it was correct. The issue is with my outgoing server. I've changed the ports, I've set it to have SSL encryption, I've set it to NOT have SSL encryption. Basically I have done every combination of things to try and get this to work and it just won't. My outgoing server is the info that I got directly from Homestead so unless they are wrong, all of the info I have is correct.
Incoming sever: mail.homestead.com
Outgoing sever: smtp:homestead.com
I set it up as a POP. I even tried to do an IMAP. Nothing. My passwords were typed in correctly, my username is typed in correctly. I've deleted my accounts 3 times and tried setting them up from scratch all over again and nothing. Doesn't work at all. Also, I found out the hard way that even though my settings were set to keep everything on the server, it deleted everything anyway. This is a business address so I've lost all of the emails that I received over the past 2 days considering I had to delete my accounts to try and start from scratch since this won't work. Awesome. So happy.
At a loss....