Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Can I Download To My PC?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Can I Download To My PC?

    Can I download the emails onto my PC? I'm connected to my Yahoo account alright and that's what I wanted to do... but I can't find a way to do it...

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abrogard View Post
    Can I download the emails onto my PC? I'm connected to my Yahoo account alright and that's what I wanted to do... but I can't find a way to do it...
    You use an email client to download mail from a mail server, try using Zimbra Desktop.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Well that's what I'm using. But I'm very thick. I hadn't realised zimbra had downloaded copies of all those emails automatically and I was looking for how I got it to do it.

    I just went to that machine, disconnected the internet and fired up zimbra desktop and, sure enough, all the emails were there!

    So they're already downloaded. Excellent. Totally excellent.

    Will zimbra download every single one? I've got 17,000 in that account, which is why I want them, it is an enormous data resource for me and I want it here to massage.

    And how can I get speedily get them out of Zimbra into something that I can export them to Excel or SQL or something?

    regards,

    ab

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abrogard View Post
    Well that's what I'm using.
    The problem is, you didn't say which product you were using and you posted your question in the Zimbra Collaboration Suite forums instead of the Zimbra Desktop forums. I'll move this to the correct forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by abrogard View Post
    Will zimbra download every single one? I've got 17,000 in that account, which is why I want them, it is an enormous data resource for me and I want it here to massage.
    Yes, it should download all the mail from the accounts you've created in ZD.

    Quote Originally Posted by abrogard View Post
    And how can I get speedily get them out of Zimbra into something that I can export them to Excel or SQL or something?
    You can export them from ZD but only as a compressed file, the mail is actually stored on your HD (under the ZD directory structure) as an RFC compliant email (test format) - you can get them directly from there.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 02:34 PM
  2. Set Zimbra to Automatically Download from POP3 Accounts
    By dbachman in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 10:05 AM
  3. Dekstop download for Linux
    By randall in forum Installation Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 08:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •