Thread: Can I Download To My PC?

Default Can I Download To My PC?

Can I download the emails onto my PC? I'm connected to my Yahoo account alright and that's what I wanted to do... but I can't find a way to do it...

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by abrogard View Post
    Can I download the emails onto my PC? I'm connected to my Yahoo account alright and that's what I wanted to do... but I can't find a way to do it...
    You use an email client to download mail from a mail server, try using Zimbra Desktop.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Well that's what I'm using. But I'm very thick. I hadn't realised zimbra had downloaded copies of all those emails automatically and I was looking for how I got it to do it.

I just went to that machine, disconnected the internet and fired up zimbra desktop and, sure enough, all the emails were there!

So they're already downloaded. Excellent. Totally excellent.

Will zimbra download every single one? I've got 17,000 in that account, which is why I want them, it is an enormous data resource for me and I want it here to massage.

And how can I get speedily get them out of Zimbra into something that I can export them to Excel or SQL or something?

regards,

ab

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Well that's what I'm using.
    The problem is, you didn't say which product you were using and you posted your question in the Zimbra Collaboration Suite forums instead of the Zimbra Desktop forums. I'll move this to the correct forum.

Will zimbra download every single one? I've got 17,000 in that account, which is why I want them, it is an enormous data resource for me and I want it here to massage.
    Yes, it should download all the mail from the accounts you've created in ZD.

And how can I get speedily get them out of Zimbra into something that I can export them to Excel or SQL or something?
    You can export them from ZD but only as a compressed file, the mail is actually stored on your HD (under the ZD directory structure) as an RFC compliant email (test format) - you can get them directly from there.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.