Thread: Importing .msg back into Zimbra desktop.

Hybrid View

Default Importing .msg back into Zimbra desktop.

Hello, and first of all I want to apologise if the answer to my question is somewhere in this forum, I tried a bit of search but couldnt get to what I need.
    On short : I had zimbra desktop(client version 2.0) running on windows wich was connecting to a server wich is no longer available. My problem is that I cant open/see the mails that I have/send/trash in my zimbra after reinstalling the windows. I saved everything, I have the .msg files under the folder store. Can you please tell me how to open them? all I could do was open them with wordpad, but its not a good option since I have few thousands. Is there a way to import those .msg files into a client, ANY email client.

PS: I have a computer where the zimbra desktop is still running, but I cant open any mail because I get a "cannot connect to server" error, for obvious reasons, since the server is no longer up and running. I cant do anything from there, any button I try to hit, I get the same error.

If you still have the .tgz files you may follow: Backing up the Content of Your Account

If you only have the .msg files, there are some programs out there that will allow you to import them into Outlook. An example would be Import EML to Outlook - The easiest and the most efficient way to do this... | Outlook Import Software
    Using hosted Zimbra provided by http://www.saashost.net

I dont have any .tgz, only the .msg files. I tried to open the .msg(file by file) with outlook express but it didnt work. I`ll try the software you suggested, thanks.

PS : I managed to save all messages as .eml and then imported them with drag&drop into outlook with outlookEMLandMSGconverter. Awesome software and it costs only 14 $. Thanks all, this thread can be closed.
    Last edited by kenyshor; 08-15-2011 at 04:08 PM.