Thread: Spell check and mullti language spell check

Hybrid View

Default Spell check and mullti language spell check

For now I'm pretty happy with Zimbra Desktop. I even added all my accounts to ZD.

But what is this thing with spell check? I got the feeling untill now Zimbra being very professional, this also made us order 30 zimbra accounts.
    But I'm a bit amazed having to "hack" the install, to go and edit a user.js file in the zimbra folders even though my users need to be able to do everything with the Zimbra gui...

This spell-check-from-body zimlet I can also not install because aspell disappeared in zimbra 7.1.1 (?)

We live in the Netherlands and have to frequently use either Dutch or English spell check, it's really not doable to switch spell check this way several times a day per user.

This problem seems to be in since Zimbra 1. In my firefox and libreoffice I can easily switch dictionaries. It really should be under right clicking the text you're typing you know.. Like in FF, right click and there's options to change language all together with suggested words in the current language. Spell check languages should also be included in zimbra, well i made clear what I wish...
    Please let this be part of Zimbra soon!

EDIT: using Zimbra 7.1.1 build 10917 on Ubuntu Natty
    Last edited by skipx; 09-21-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: forgot to mention which OS we use

Default Spell check and mullti language spell check

Yes is seems that this is problem with Zimbra desktop, regarding multi spell checking , I do emails in 4 different languages very day, and I would appreciate some help on how I can use different dictionaries without doing all this work on the .js file.

I run a MacBook Pro, with Snow Leopard, and my Zimbra version is Zimbra Desktop 7.2.1 (build 11637)

Maybe someone could please get some insights to this matter

Quote Originally Posted by skipx View Post
    For now I'm pretty happy with Zimbra Desktop. I even added all my accounts to ZD.

But what is this thing with spell check? I got the feeling untill now Zimbra being very professional, this also made us order 30 zimbra accounts.
    But I'm a bit amazed having to "hack" the install, to go and edit a user.js file in the zimbra folders even though my users need to be able to do everything with the Zimbra gui...

This spell-check-from-body zimlet I can also not install because aspell disappeared in zimbra 7.1.1 (?)

We live in the Netherlands and have to frequently use either Dutch or English spell check, it's really not doable to switch spell check this way several times a day per user.

This problem seems to be in since Zimbra 1. In my firefox and libreoffice I can easily switch dictionaries. It really should be under right clicking the text you're typing you know.. Like in FF, right click and there's options to change language all together with suggested words in the current language. Spell check languages should also be included in zimbra, well i made clear what I wish...
    Please let this be part of Zimbra soon!

EDIT: using Zimbra 7.1.1 build 10917 on Ubuntu Natty

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

A search of the forums and/or wiki would have found it for you: site:wiki.zimbra.com +spell - Yahoo! Search Results
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

That's not an answer to the question:

multilanguage spell check in Zimbra, without changing user.js files...

For me, that's the BIGGEST flaw: No Multi Language spell check in Zimbra Desktop. We can't use Zimbra Desktop in our company, because we have customers in every country..
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    A search of the forums and/or wiki would have found it for you: site:wiki.zimbra.com +spell - Yahoo! Search Results