Thread: Duplicate emails - very annoying

Hybrid View

Default Duplicate emails - very annoying

Hi

For some days now, a particular group of 2 or 3 messages constantly reappear in my inbox, even though I have deleted them.

I have searched the forums on duplicate email issues, and upgraded to the latest version of Zimbra Desktop, but the emails still keep coming back.

Each time I send/receive email, it keeps adding more and more.

Anyone got any advice how I can remove? I dont know why it seems to be related to these specific messages.

Thanks Jon

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I'll move this post to the correct Zimbra Desktop forum as it's no a question about the Zimbra Collaboration Suite (which is where you posted).

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite68 View Post
    I have searched the forums on duplicate email issues, and upgraded to the latest version of Zimbra Desktop......
    The 'latest' version of ZD is 7.1.3 beta, is that what you're using? If not I'd suggest you try that, if you still have the problem you'll need to give more information such as: which mail server are you connected to; what type of connection (pop3, IMAP, Zimbra, google etc.)
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I cant see the actual version I am using. I used the "check updates" option and I see that its not upgraded to 7.1.1 yet. Each time I select the option to "restart" it does restart, but doesnt seem to upgrade.

I am using a POP server for the mail account that has the issue. The mail server is on my own hosted account with BlueHost. In Zimbra I am connected to multiple email accounts on this same server, and none of the others have this problem.

I see the following error messages against this account though:

Debug message: C:\Users\jon\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\store\incoming\1325512761852-47.msg (Access is denied)

Exception:

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Synchronization of POP3 folder failed
    ExceptionId:btpool0-6:1325513332406:922bc9ac8b1cae73
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:248)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.Pop3Sync.importData(Pop3S ync.java:149)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:254)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:219)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncAllLoc alDataSources(DataSourceMailbox.java:430)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.sync(DataS ourceMailbox.java:460)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.offline.OfflineSync.handle(O fflineSync.java:44)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:420)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:274)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:158)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:291)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:212)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:181)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:511)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:390)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:182)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:418)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:543)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:939)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:755)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:212)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:405)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:413)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\jon\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\store\incoming\1325512761852-47.msg (Access is denied)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source)
    at com.zimbra.znative.IO.link(IO.java:80)
    at com.zimbra.cs.store.file.FileBlobStore.link(FileBl obStore.java:190)
    at com.zimbra.cs.store.file.FileBlobStore.link(FileBl obStore.java:163)
    at com.zimbra.cs.store.file.FileBlobStore.link(FileBl obStore.java:44)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessageInternal(M ailbox.java:4657)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessage(Mailbox.j ava:4401)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessage(Mailbox.j ava:4334)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessage(Mailbox.j ava:4276)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.MailItemImport.addMessage (MailItemImport.java:102)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.Pop3Sync.fetchAndAddMessa ge(Pop3Sync.java:248)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.Pop3Sync.fetchAndDeleteMe ssages(Pop3Sync.java:198)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.Pop3Sync.importData(Pop3S ync.java:142)
    ... 32 more

If issue persists please post description and debug information here.

I cant see the actual version I am using. I used the "check updates" option and I see that its not upgraded to 7.1.1 yet.
    You'd need to go to the downloads/beta page on the main web site to get the current beta. You can also check the version you're using by right-clicking on the systray ZD icon.

Debug message: C:\Users\jon\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\store\incoming\1325512761852-47.msg (Access is denied)
    Have you checked the permissions on that folder & file?
    Regards

Bill

Upgraded to 7.1.3 beta

Same issue still occurs.

Different error message now:

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Multiple IOException for mailbox mailbox: {id: 2, account_id: 91eef74c-ce83-4cee-8bb5-263637d30d0c, next_item_id: 8064, size: 234622403}
    ExceptionId:sync-mbox-(email account name):1325514542355:d160b8748f7ee0be
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:248)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncExceptionHandler.checkIO ExceptionRate(SyncExceptionHandler.java:100)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncExceptionHandler.checkIO ExceptionRate(SyncExceptionHandler.java:74)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncExceptionHandler.checkpo intIOExceptionRate(SyncExceptionHandler.java:481)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.Pop3Sync.fetchAndDeleteMe ssages(Pop3Sync.java:202)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.Pop3Sync.importData(Pop3S ync.java:131)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:312)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:276)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncAllLoc alDataSources(DataSourceMailbox.java:442)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.sync(DataS ourceMailbox.java:480)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncOnTime r(DataSourceMailbox.java:409)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncMailbox$1.run(SyncMailbo x.java:269)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.offline.util.RecoverableException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\jon\AppData\Local\Zimbra\ZIMBRA~1\store\i ncoming\1325514501296-5.msg (Access is denied)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncExceptionHandler.checkIO ExceptionRate(SyncExceptionHandler.java:99)
    ... 12 more
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\jon\AppData\Local\Zimbra\ZIMBRA~1\store\i ncoming\1325514501296-5.msg (Access is denied)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:120)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:79)
    at com.zimbra.znative.IO.link(IO.java:80)
    at com.zimbra.cs.store.file.FileBlobStore.link(FileBl obStore.java:190)
    at com.zimbra.cs.store.file.FileBlobStore.link(FileBl obStore.java:163)
    at com.zimbra.cs.store.file.FileBlobStore.link(FileBl obStore.java:44)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessageInternal(M ailbox.java:5001)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessage(Mailbox.j ava:4735)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessage(Mailbox.j ava:4670)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessage(Mailbox.j ava:4612)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.MailItemImport.addMessage (MailItemImport.java:96)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.Pop3Sync.fetchAndAddMessa ge(Pop3Sync.java:270)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.Pop3Sync.fetchAndDeleteMe ssages(Pop3Sync.java:190)
    ... 9 more

Also, on that path, there are no files. File system shows that this folder is empty.

After a couple of tries on the new beta version, its no longer downloading the duplicate messages, so it seems to be working fine now

After a couple of tries on the new beta version, its no longer downloading the duplicate messages, so it seems to be working fine now
    I'm glad that seems to have solved your problem. Do remember that it is still a beta and backup your data regularly and if you have problems then post in these forums and/or file a bug report - the developers like some feedback.
    Regards

Bill