Thread: Don't Want to Synchronized All Email

Default Don't Want to Synchronized All Email

Is there anybody knows "how to set" if I don't want to synchronized all my emails in the server and my desktop?

For example:
    1. I don't want to get all of my emails in my gmail.com (I only wants from a week ago)
    2. I want to delete some emails in my desktop but not in the server and vise versa

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by psasongko View Post
    Is there anybody knows "how to set" if I don't want to synchronized all my emails in the server and my desktop?

For example:
    1. I don't want to get all of my emails in my gmail.com (I only wants from a week ago)
    That's currently not possible. It's also not the intended use for an offline mail client, it's supposed to download the mail to your local machine for use when you don't have an internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by psasongko View Post
    • I want to delete some emails in my desktop but not in the server and vise versa
    That also isn't the intended use for an offline client, it's designed to synchronise you client with the server so you'll see an exact copy of the status of all your email. You could, however, move specific mail to a local folder for storage and remove it from the server.

I can't really see why downloading all the email and/or keeping the client synchronised with the server is a problem, is there some specific reason you need these features?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    That's currently not possible. It's also not the intended use for an offline mail client, it's supposed to download the mail to your local machine for use when you don't have an internet connection.

That also isn't the intended use for an offline client, it's designed to synchronise you client with the server so you'll see an exact copy of the status of all your email. You could, however, move specific mail to a local folder for storage and remove it from the server.

I can't really see why downloading all the email and/or keeping the client synchronised with the server is a problem, is there some specific reason you need these features?
    Thank you for the response, it's very usefull .
    The reason I need these features is because I have many emails (i.e: gmail, yahoo, my office, etc), and it will take very long time - for the first time - to download all of my emails to my notebook (especially my old news - that I don't want to download, since they will take my harddisk space).
    Or do you have other suggestion?

Thank's anyway

I've just tested this in Gmail.

For the emails you don't want to download in gmail, archive them. It'll still be under gmail's All Mail label so nothing is lost. I've also "hide" All Mail from imap in settings -> label.

This works even if you've already d/l all the emails to Zimbra Desktop. Upon sync, Zimbra will not display archived messages in the inbox.

Don't know about yahoo though.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by blkmagic View Post
    For the emails you don't want to download in gmail, archive them. ....
    Thank you