Thread: No relationship between Contacts and Compose

Default No relationship between Contacts and Compose

I just installed Zimbra Desktop (7.1.2 build 10978; Windows 7, 64 bit) and cannot compose a message using my contacts or emailed contacts. The "To" and "CC" buttons on the compose screen are greyed out.

If I select a contact in the Contacts list, then right-click to New Message, the name goes in the "To" box, but the email address is missing.

I've re-indexed my account two time.

I'm using ZD as a POP account (no synching)

I'm trying to replace Windows Live Mail and thought ZD would be a good solution but I can't use it if the autocomplete doesn't work between the Contacts and Compose.

Default Did the import complete?

This is me again (from above).
    I exported my contact list, deleted the contact list and re-imported the list. The following screen showed up: (I don't know how to copy the screen to here!)
    The error screen says:

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://127.0.0.1:56573/zimbra/js/Startup1_1_all.js?V=110910092523:8197"

Could this be related to my problem above?

After I killed the script that was hung, there was a message indicating the import was successful.

Default Problem Solved

Well, I don't know which of the two following solutions solved the issue, but Autocomplete now works.

1. I installed the beta version 7.1.3 (Build 11167). At this point, I don't remember if the autocomplete worked or not...

but then I noticed something... When I clicked on a contact, the details in the right pane indicated the email address. However, when I double-clicked the contact to edit the information, I noticed the "email address" field was blank. Further down the edit screen there was a field named "other" which had the email address and a field named "Type (or something) which contained "email".

2. I returned to my CSV import file and looked at the field headings. The email address field had a space between the word "email" and the work "Address". (Email Address). (This file was exported from ms Live Mail client).

I changed the column heading to EmailAddress (no space) and re-imported. Auto-Complete now works. I Still can't click the "To" or "Cc" buttons and get the address book, but I don't think that's a big deal for now.

I'm also posting this to the other thread that I was working.