Thread: Duplicate emails and -1 folders appearing

Default Duplicate emails and -1 folders appearing

Hello,

I am using Zimbra Desktop 7.1.2 and when making new folders another one appears with -1 after it.

I have tried deleting the -1 folders but it turns out that this deletes both the new folder and the duplicate folder (which means I actually lost a lot of emails).

Can this error be fixed and if so how?

Also I have a smaller issue where emails keep re-appearing back in the inbox - again any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance!

Default Happend to me as well

Hi There
    I am testing Zimbra (Zimbra Desktop 7.1.2 (build 10978)) with IMAP since yesterday and found the same problem.
    The -1 folder can be recovered from TRASH, but the original folder including al containing emails seams to be gone. ZIMBRA removed it without giving any notice or the possibility to stop this process.

But WORSED of all: that user I am replying to wrote about that problem on the ZIMBRA DEVELOPERS BOARD - and there is NO REPLY from the ZIMBRA guys. One month later!!!

Sorry, this is not "leader" - style and for me the NOGO to use ZIMBRA.
    Shame - I liked the idea behind the desktop

Sorry to hear you had the same problems.

I lost too many emails and without no support I ended up buying Outlook 2010 and havent looked back....

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TomNamibia View Post
    I am testing Zimbra (Zimbra Desktop 7.1.2 (build 10978)) with IMAP since yesterday and found the same problem.
    Why don't you try the current 7.1.4 beta?

But WORSED of all: that user I am replying to wrote about that problem on the ZIMBRA DEVELOPERS BOARD - and there is NO REPLY from the ZIMBRA guys. One month later!!!
    You seem to be under a mis-understanding about what these forums actually are. They are Community Supported forums not official Zimbra support - read the documentation and the FAQ about how to file bugs & RFEs.

Sorry, this is not "leader" - style and for me the NOGO to use ZIMBRA.
    You are, of course, free to use any product you like.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

This is a community Forum not a delevloper support user Forum
    Beside you got a lot of people here with massive knowlege (which you cant use cuse its usually server related)
    the community can only support if we have time and if we get provided with the information we need to solve such things

and of course IF were intrested - which depends on the attitude of the questioner and of course type of problem

personally no idea in that case - zdesktop is beta nothing more

if you want an developer go to bugzilla.zimbra.com make an account - and make an bug report with as much additional information possible - in a seriouse adult way

then you got a chance to write with some devs
    but dont expect here help to solve YOUR iusse its more about finding the source and fix it for the future

if you need personal support go to a company whichs offers and pay for a support contract or live with community support

same counts for all kinds of software no mather opensource or not

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    and of course IF were intrested - which depends on the attitude of the questioner and of course type of problem
    Thanks for so much honest words!
    Interested! Ahha

personally no idea in that case - zdesktop is beta nothing more
    Like many other products out there - done by friendly ppl

if you want an developer go to bugzilla.zimbra.com make an account - and make an bug report with as much additional information possible -
    I wasnt even sure if it IS a bug!!
    AND I have been there and found "https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=62603"

in a seriouse adult way
    Thats now the best one: What was missing? That I am seriouse or am I not adult enough? Btw., 52, IT, own company

but dont expect here help to solve YOUR iusse its more about finding the source and fix it for the future

if you need personal support go to a company whichs offers and pay for a support contract or live with community support
    I hope at least you felt much better after writting all that above.

Have a great weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Why don't you try the current 7.1.4 beta?

You seem to be under a mis-understanding about what these forums actually are. They are Community Supported forums not official Zimbra support - read the documentation and the FAQ about how to file bugs & RFEs.

You are, of course, free to use any product you like.
    Hi Phoenix
    From other boards and communities I know that developers check whats user writing - at the end THEY are tehe BETA tester and highly valuable for the developer.
    So I didnīt mis understood. And I didnīt needed support! I was testing a software - thats it! Oh - and gave my oppinion.
    astonishing, that we now talk a lot about the board, what to do and what not, and so on... instead that now somebody (after telling "hey thats the wrong board") asks about more detals etc.

Ok Friends,
    I am off, some work is waiting.

Have a nice WE !

lol, its not about how i feel, but others who read this because of google i feel tired,
    ...adultway doenst has anything todo if youre one ,.. ask my girlffriend about this she still thinks im 12 : )))

and naa they dont,.. this isnt a regular opensource project where they need that feedback, maybe some do sometimes a little bit dunno but really look at bugzilla if they really red zilla nd forum they never get time to fix any of it hehe

and naa they dont,.. this isnt a regular opensource project where they need that feedback, maybe some do sometimes a little bit dunno but really look at bugzilla if they really red zilla nd forum they never get time to fix any of it hehe
    Have to agree with that!

But, we don't have to expect developers take care or at least take community sugestions.

I'm sure they have a very precise planning or schedule..

Just my thougths..

ccelis.