Thread: Duplicating the functionality of Outlook's "Unread Mail" dynamic "search folder"

Question Duplicating the functionality of Outlook's "Unread Mail" dynamic "search folder"

Disclaimer: I am totally new to Zimbra use and administration. I have very little knowledge of Zimlets or where to look for certain options. Bear with me!

I would like to duplicate the "Unread Mail" search folder. This folder displays only unread messages and indicates the number of unread messages by placing a number to the right of the folder name. I have setup a saved search in Zimbra which gets half of that functionality (displays all unread messages) but it still lacks the number indicator.

Does anyone have a method to duplicate this?

Additionally, when setting up a custom search that covers all folders... does each folder need to be checked?
    Last edited by heyheyash; 03-06-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Type "is:unread" in the search box and save the search under a folder.
    Hope this helps.
    Federico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Federico Bertola
    CTO @ StudioStorti

The achieves the same as using advanced search and checking the unread flag. While it doesn't achieve what I'm looking for it does clue me in that there are some awesome search terms to play with.

Any idea on getting the number of e-mails that are returned as a search result to be indicated by a number to the right of the saved search?

By the way, the saved search that best accomplished the search aspect of this was "is:anywhere is:unread" - as for the bold (#) portion, well, that just doesn't exist from what I can tell.