Thread: Unauthorised Access error on Zimbra Desktop

Default Unauthorised Access error on Zimbra Desktop

Hi

I have been using Zimbra desktop since I upgraded to Win7. Originally I installed 7.1.2 and it was working fine.

Then recently I was prompted to install a newer version. Trying to download seemed to fail and there is no .msi file stored in my downloads folder, however when I check the version of the application now it says Zimbra Desktop 7.1.4 (build 11273))???

Anyway, since I tried to install the update, I cannot access the application at all. Every time I try to do so by clicking the Zimbra Desktop icons, it simply comes up with a blank screen with the message 'Unauthorised Access'

I have downloaded the .msi file for 7.1.4 this morning from the website directly, and tried to repair the existing version (this is the only option it gives me apart from to delete Zimbra desktop) but it fails half way through saying 'A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\\User\...Downloads\Update.msi'

I need urgent help please, as I cannot access anything. I do not want uninstall and reinstall as I have a lot of emails/contacts which took ages to sync originally with gmail,and do not want to repeat this.

Thanks

OK, so I have found another link for the .msi file which worked OK and seemed to update to 7.1.4. successfully.

But I still cannot access the program at all. The Unauthorised Access screen/message keeps coming up and I cannot get into the program...

Have (hopefully) attached a screenshot of this

Is there anyone from Zimbra support reading these posts ? Or is there somewhere else that an increasingly frustrated and dissatisfied user can try to get help to solve a problem? Two days now without Zimbra desktop ... Can anyone help?
    Thanks

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mindyclarke View Post
    Is there anyone from Zimbra support reading these posts ?
    You really ought to understand that these are Community Support forums not official Zimbra support and people that post here do so when they have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mindyclarke View Post
    Or is there somewhere else that an increasingly frustrated and dissatisfied user can try to get help to solve a problem? Two days now without Zimbra desktop ...
    What have you tried meanwhile to resolve this problem? Have you disabled any firewall or ant-virus scanning software on your system to see if that makes any difference? I'd guess from the error message that the likelihood of this being a Zimbra problem is rather low and, FWIW, I've installed this version of ZD (and updated several older versions) without problem.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.