Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Send an email and the can't find it

Hybrid View

Default Send an email and the can't find it

Just lately I have been sending emails and then I cannot find them. They are in none of my three Sent boxes or folders. If I search I can find the email. But as I said when I look in the folders its not there. I have been using Zimbra desktop for a year now... so I know the basics. Really puzzled by this and also irritated. I kinda like that confirmation of seeing the email in the Sent box. So the email is there but where is it?

Smile Anybody

bump.. anybody

If I click Send/Receive the emails show up for a split second in the Sent folder and then dispersers again.

I have had the same problem - just over last couple of days - then I got an update available message - did the update and it doesn't restart Zdesptop.exe. - did installation repair - still no good !. I am going to try again with a fresh update, but I think it's a problem with the installer - am getting distressed in case all my emails get lost!

I think is a bug from Zimbra Desktop, if you enter on webmail you can find the email message, i hope so the new zimbra desktop version, the bug goes to be resolved.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by artur.moura View Post
    I think is a bug from Zimbra Desktop,
    Have you filed a bug report?

Quote Originally Posted by artur.moura View Post
    .... if you enter on webmail you can find the email message, i hope so the new zimbra desktop version, the bug goes to be resolved.
    I don't see this problem but if you think it's a bug then file a report (search for it before filing a report) giving exact steps to reproduce it and what you've done to try and resolve the problem. Mentioning a 'bug' in these forums will not get it resolved, using bugzilla will get the attention of the developers.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Sorry Phoenix, you are right, blare717, did you try to reindex the
    the mail account?

Regards
    Artur Moura

Telway Tecnologia
    Zimbra Network Administrator
    www.telway.com.br

Have been unable to restart Zdesktop after the update. I ran the installer in repair mode but no joy. Right now (at this moment) I am 'opening' a new zimbra account for my email address logged on as another 'user' on my computer - it has downloaded some of my recent emails, but not sure how this will go...! I have a backuop/copy of my original tgz file and am presuming I can copy this 'into' the new account?
    this is way out of my knowledge base, so am trying to work from first principles!

Ok I am Reindexing my mail accounts and see if that helps. I don't know if this is a bug or not either that is why I am on the forum. My inbox works but not my outboxes. If reindex does not work I would like to have other steps to take to trouble shoot.

Nope... reindexing did not fix anything

How can I check my outgoing mail connection? I go into my accounts

Setup > My accounts and select edit and then Validate and it says its ok.