Thread: Weird Calendar Sync Issues

Hybrid View

Default Weird Calendar Sync Issues

Hi all,

Is Zimbra calendar sync really unstable for most people? I've recently installed Zimbra and I'm encountering a number of strange issues when syncing calendars with both Yahoo and Google:

1) Most of the time Yahoo Calendar can't sync at all and gives me the following error message:

Code:
    com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineServiceException: must upgrade to all-new yahoo calendar service
    ExceptionId:sync-mbox-XXXXXX@yahoo.com:1339536677920:3a8d3209a97b303a
    Code:offline.YCALDAV_NEED_UPGRADE
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineServiceException.YCALDAV_NEED_UPGRADE(OfflineServiceException.java:92)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineCalDavDataImport.doCalDavFailures(OfflineCalDavDataImport.java:86)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineCalDavDataImport.importData(OfflineCalDavDataImport.java:77)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(OfflineImport.java:100)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.importData(YMailImport.java:67)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importData(DataSourceManager.java:312)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importData(DataSourceManager.java:276)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncAllLocalDataSources(DataSourceMailbox.java:440)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.sync(DataSourceMailbox.java:479)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncOnTimer(DataSourceMailbox.java:407)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncMailbox$1.run(SyncMailbox.java:255)
    	at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
    	at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
    2) Yahoo Calendar can't login - "login auth details failed". If I don't get the first error, then I generally get this one.

3) Occasionally Yahoo Calendar syncs without errors but misses out one of my calendars (shows in the list, but with zero appointments). I can create an appointment in Zimbra for this calendar and this appears in Yahoo, but no appointments sync to Zimbra from Yahoo

4) Google calendars - only one of my five google calendars appear in Zimbra (no errors shown)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Martyn

OK, bit of an update to this error.

Yahoo calendar now appears to be working - it just started syncing all calendars yesterday. Could this have been a problem with the Yahoo service itself?

However, I still can see anything other than my default Google calendar - is this a problem that others have encountered? Is there a setting in Zimbra that I haven't checked - or do I need to do something in Google to enable Caldav access to my other Google calendars?

Thanks!