Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Won't send emails (BT Yahoo Account)

Default Won't send emails (BT Yahoo Account)

After 2 years of working perfectly, Zimbra is having problems with the BT Yahoo account that is linked to Zimbra Desktop.

Any outgoing mail gets stuck in the Outbox and no incoming messages can be rec'd until this message is deleted.

I have the exact same problem Only started today. Is it Zimbra or Yahoo? I suspect it might be yahoo. It's mega frustrating as I wanted to send a lot of attachments today. Mine only gets stuck if the email I am sending has an attachment. Ordinary emails go ok , but if email is sent with an attachment it goes to OUTBOX and then the account won't send or receive anything HELP PLEASE

Default BT Yahoo Problems

Quote Originally Posted by rocketron View Post
    I have the exact same problem Only started today. Is it Zimbra or Yahoo? I suspect it might be yahoo. It's mega frustrating as I wanted to send a lot of attachments today. Mine only gets stuck if the email I am sending has an attachment. Ordinary emails go ok , but if email is sent with an attachment it goes to OUTBOX and then the account won't send or receive anything HELP PLEASE
    Yes - you could be right - all my Gmail accounts work perfectly - very annoying - any other BT Yahoo people out there having the same problem or do the Zimbra admin have a fix?

Default probably Yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by nickbrown View Post
    Yes - you could be right - all my Gmail accounts work perfectly - very annoying - any other BT Yahoo people out there having the same problem or do the Zimbra admin have a fix?
    I suspect that Yahoo have changed something and it will need the Zimbra techies to fix. Hopefully soon

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rocketron View Post
    I suspect that Yahoo have changed something and it will need the Zimbra techies to fix. Hopefully soon
    .... and for them to do that you'll have to tell them by filing a bug report with full details of the problem and details from the log files.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    .... and for them to do that you'll have to tell them by filing a bug report with full details of the problem and details from the log files.
    Emails with attachments remain in Outbox and no new emails come in but there does not seem to be any error logged. There is a reference in an earlier error (23/8/2012) that the attachment was too large (816kb?) but no further error messages despite leaving emails in the outbox for a long time and attempting to "send/receive".

I have since linked my wife's gmail account to zimbra and everything works okay on gmail – pity about yahoo!
    Last edited by Mike F; 09-06-2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Further research

I am having the exact same problem - I think email with attachment get stuck in outbox and no mail is received after that.

Default Help - tried to submit Bug Report!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Hi Bill - did my best to try and submit a Bug Report - just don't know if it registered. There seems to be a problem with BT Yahoo new or reply emails. It won't send *some* attachments and it won't send 'reply to all' in most cases. Help! - it's driving me mad!

Quote Originally Posted by nickbrown View Post
    Hi Bill - did my best to try and submit a Bug Report - just don't know if it registered. There seems to be a problem with BT Yahoo new or reply emails. It won't send *some* attachments and it won't send 'reply to all' in most cases. Help! - it's driving me mad!
    i have this problem too...
    work find with my gmail
    any fix yet?

Quote Originally Posted by chendera View Post
    i have this problem too...
    work find with my gmail
    any fix yet?
    I have this problem as well.