Thread: Love ZD! Just one lil odd thing....

Hybrid View

Default Love ZD! Just one lil odd thing....

So Outlook on my 3-year-old Win7 PC w/Zimbra connector just seems to wheeze (biig pst file no doubt -- AND 22K e-mails - 3 months worth - in the work mail to sync.)
    So I downloaded Zimbra Desktop couple weeks ago, works great with home AND work e-mail! (I know it's 'always syncing,' even when closed, but I can live with that;-)
    But here's the odd thing - my home mail is a POP3 account through our cable provider. I have other ways to access it - like the new outlook.com which I've grown to like.
    But even when signed out there - and anywhere else - for some reason, ZD when I start in the morning WON'T grab the overnight home e-mail - it only starts with when I started it - unlike the work mail which of course re-syncs with what's happened overnight.
    Am I missing a setting or something obvious? I don't mind using outlook.com but it does make me wonder why it does that.
    Thanks!
    Barney Lerten - Bend, Oregon

Um, after reading FAQ, maybe the answer is to manually click 'send/receive' for the home mail account? I can try that in the AM if that's the deal;-)

NOPE. Shut it down for a few hours, returned home, launched ZD, I click 'send receive' for that account and it doesn't grab the outstanding e-mails from when computer was shut down, only the e-mail from after ZD is restarted. I understand why I'd need to manually grab a POP account, but ... huh?
    (Well I changed the Outlook.com e-mail settings to 'leave mail on server,' that SHOULD(?) help but ... it shouldn't be grabbing mail, and my phone is surely leaving it on server so... I dunno...)
    Last edited by BarneyL; 11-17-2012 at 05:45 PM.