Thread: Zimbra Desktop - do they actually care about it? Facebook still not working?

Hybrid View

Default Zimbra Desktop - do they actually care about it? Facebook still not working?

Hi,

I'm looking for a replacement for Outlook and really like what Zimbra *could* be, but I'm having problems getting it set up.

My wife had a question on the Facebook integration so I went to add Facebook but I can't get it to work. I'm certainly NOT new to computers (been developing on Windows for 17 years), but I can't get Zimbra to add a Facebook account. I've tried on two different computers and two different browsers and three different versions of Zimbra (7.2 to 7.14). I've searched the forums and I see a multiple posts with the same problem spanning most of 2012), so I've come to the conclusion it's a problem in Zimbra.

Which makes me wonder: do they actually care about Zimbra Desktop?

Is this a supported product? From what I've read, it seems the Social zimlet will be moved to user supported? (I take this as a good thing as they don't seem to care about fixing it.)

Does anyone know of any good email alternatives with the Social aspect? (I like Thunderbird but it seems to lack most of the social intagration.) I really like including LinkedIn, Digg, Twitter and Facebook along with the offline ability. I've given up on Zimbra a few times, but keep coming back because I can't find any other altnernatives.

Any help appreciated! (I wouldn't post if I didn't want to love the product.)

Thanks,

-Rick
    Last edited by Rick_B; 11-22-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Angry you are not alone

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_B View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for a replacement for Outlook and really like what Zimbra *could* be, but I'm having problems getting it set up.

My wife had a question on the Facebook integration so I went to add Facebook but I can't get it to work. I'm certainly NOT new to computers (been developing on Windows for 17 years), but I can't get Zimbra to add a Facebook account. I've tried on two different computers and two different browsers and three different versions of Zimbra (7.2 to 7.14). I've searched the forums and I see a multiple posts with the same problem spanning most of 2012), so I've come to the conclusion it's a problem in Zimbra.

Which makes me wonder: do they actually care about Zimbra Desktop?

Is this a supported product? From what I've read, it seems the Social zimlet will be moved to user supported? (I take this as a good thing as they don't seem to care about fixing it.)

Does anyone know of any good email alternatives with the Social aspect? (I like Thunderbird but it seems to lack most of the social intagration.) I really like including LinkedIn, Digg, Twitter and Facebook along with the offline ability. I've given up on Zimbra a few times, but keep coming back because I can't find any other altnernatives.

Any help appreciated! (I wouldn't post if I didn't want to love the product.)

Thanks,

-Rick
    No, they do not care. I am in the same situation, tried different hard disks, reinstalls etc etc. Just doesn't work, even deleted the app in facebook, but still doesn't work. I find Zimbra is eating up my time, it's so bug infested, without comparison. yet, it has a couple of features that still let me hope, just to be let down the next moment when I can't even send a reply, because the app doesn't respond and I have to restart the app again just to reply to an email!