Thread: Is There Any Way To Do This Search Query?

Threaded View

Default Is There Any Way To Do This Search Query?

I need to "global" search for all messages to or from a certain address across all mailboxes EXCEPT local folders (either all local folders or a specific one... I'll take either way) and draft folders.

The reason is that I need to move all messages received or sent to this address, from all mailboxes, to a local folder.

So I don't want the search to return messages in the local folder since they have already been moved. And I also don't want it to return drafts because they can't be moved to local folders. But I do want to have the search search across multiple maliboxes.

Of course if I try to do it globally, it returns the messages already in the local folder. And I can't find any way to exclude them from a "global" search.

Right now I have a query in each individual mailbox and have to do this one at a time. It works, but it is a real pain.

Is there any way to do this "globally" but exclude either all local folders or a specific local folder?

PS: I tried flagging all messages in the local folder and then excluding flagged messages. But I couldn't find any way to select multiple messages to flag. Is there any way to do that? If there is it might be a workaround. There are too many to flag individually.

I am about to try tagging all local messages. Maybe that will work although it will be a real pain to keep scrolling 100 at a time to tag them and have to do it every time new ones are added.

... added later URRRRRRRRR! the "tag:xyz" token seems to work in the All Mailboxes mailbox, but "not tag:xyz" token returns incorrect results.

It seems like the "in:mylocalfolder" token also works in the All Mailboxes mailbox, but the "not in:mylocalfolder" token returns the same wrong set of messages that the tagged message query attempt did.

FRUSTRATING!!!

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Ryan1; 01-05-2013 at 11:48 PM.