Thread: Can’t find script engine “VBScript” for script “C:\Program Files (x86)\Zimbra\Zimbra

Default Can’t find script engine “VBScript” for script “C:\Program Files (x86)\Zimbra\Zimbra

After installing Zimbra Desktop and clicking finish, I get the following error message:

Can’t find script engine “VBScript” for script “C:\Program Files (x86)\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\zdrun.vbs”.

Then, if I try to open Zimbra Desktop via the shortcut on my desktop or via the .exe file in my c drive, nothing happens. Dead air.

Any suggestions? I've used ZD before and liked it, but I'm struggling now to install it on a new machine...

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I'll move this thread to the correct forum as it's not a question about ZCS Installation (which is where you posted).

Quote Originally Posted by adogg View Post
    After installing Zimbra Desktop and clicking finish, I get the following error message:

Can’t find script engine “VBScript” for script “C:\Program Files (x86)\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\zdrun.vbs”.

Then, if I try to open Zimbra Desktop via the shortcut on my desktop or via the .exe file in my c drive, nothing happens. Dead air.

Any suggestions? I've used ZD before and liked it, but I'm struggling now to install it on a new machine...
    Did you look at any of the threads on this topic or try the solution(s) in the Zimbra Desktop forums?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Apologies for posting in the wrong location.

I read http://www.zimbra.com/forums/general...ont-start.html.

I'm logged in as an admin, so I should be running the installer with admin privileged by default. I also tried running via cmd. I tried the registry edits in the eHow article: How to Enable Windows Script Host | eHow.com.

So far, still no joy. Any other suggestions?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Is there anything in the log file? Do you see any errors when you manually start ZD from a command prompt?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Is there anything in the log file? Do you see any errors when you manually start ZD from a command prompt?
    The log folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\data\log) contains no files, so I take that to mean no log file was created in the installation process.

There were no errors when I manually launched the install file from the command prompt.