Thread: Need some help with search string

Default Need some help with search string

I need a search string that will look for all email a particular customer has been involved with contained in either the sent folder or the inbox. I do get all the email, and that's the problem, I get all email in all folders for the customer. This include the customer folder it's self. I don't want to search the customers folder, I just want what is in the inbox and the sent items. This is so I can move the mail items to the customer folder my self when I am ready to archive the messages. Can someone look at this search string and tell me what I have done wrong with it?

from:(@customer.com) OR to:(@customer.com) OR cc:(@customer.com) OR subject:(CUSTOMER) OR content:(@customer.com) AND in:(inbox OR sent)

thank you

I am still trying to get this to work, and have not been successful at it. As far as I can tell from reading the Wiki, there is nothing wrong with the search string, yet when I run the search it still returns everything in every folder when all I wants is the items to be searched for in only the inbox and sent folder. I am starting to get the impression that Zimbra is simply not capable of doing the search I am trying to run.

Can anyone help?

Hello provogeek, try this

Code:
    in:(inbox OR sent) AND (from:(@customer.com) OR to:(@customer.com) OR cc:(@customer.com) OR subject:(customer) OR content:(@customer.com) )
    ccelis