Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimbra Desktop/Yahoo Mail - suddenly stopped synching

Default Is VMWare Paying Attention to this issue?

This issue is confirmed by many users, but I have heard absolutely nothing from VMWare to acknowledge that they are aware of this issue and that they are working on it. It would be great to hear something/anything back from them.

QUOTE=RobWMI;330426]Same problem here: In the last several days I can't send emails. If an email is in the Outbox I can't receive. If Outbox is emptied I can receive.

Windows 7, 64 bit. Restart doesn't change anything.[/QUOTE]

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sbbrown View Post
    This issue is confirmed by many users, but I have heard absolutely nothing from VMWare to acknowledge that they are aware of this issue and that they are working on it. It would be great to hear something/anything back from them.
    I think you're a bit behind the times,what do you think this has to do with VMware? What makes you think this is a ZD issue rather than a problem with the Yahoo! servers? In any case you should also be aware that Zimbra Desktop is EOL (and has been for a long time) so I wouldn't expect any updates to ZD any time soon other than the replacement offline client.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Zimbra has has issues very similar to this one in the past. It ends up that Yahoo has changed their command structures very slightly causing non-communication between Zimbra and email clients (yes, it was Yahoo previously also). Yes it was likely caused by a Yahoo change, but it becomes a Zimbra issue in the end, that must be "fixed" by an update from VMWare. There must be tens of thousands of Zimbra users with Yahoo accounts so it must be incumbent on VMWare to "fix" this new bug in a timely fashion. Real human beings all over the world rely on this software. Otherwise, a replacement client may not be available from them for months if ever. I find this crazy considering that Yahoo owned VMWare for a spell but a few years ago. A few words from VMWare regarding their addressing the status of this issue (that they will/will not be addressing this issue) would really be appreciated.

Zimbra has has issues very similar to this one in the past. It ends up that Yahoo has changed their command structures very slightly causing non-communication between Zimbra and email clients (yes, it was Yahoo previously also). Yes it was likely caused by a Yahoo change, but it becomes a Zimbra issue in the end, that must be "fixed" by an update from VMWare. There must be tens of thousands of Zimbra users with Yahoo accounts so it must be incumbent on VMWare to "fix" this new bug in a timely fashion. Real human beings all over the world rely on this software. Otherwise, a replacement client may not be available from them for months if ever. I find this crazy considering that Yahoo owned VMWare for a spell but a few years ago. A few words from VMWare regarding their addressing the status of this issue (that they will/will not be addressing this issue) would really be appreciated.
    I've already said that this has nothing to do with VMware and Yahoo! never owned VMware, the company is Zimbra and always has been.
    Regards

Bill

Yahoo did own Zimbra according to this article (Yahoo Sheds Zimbra, VMware Gains A Foundation For Web Apps | TechCrunch), and by the logo at the top of the application it at least looks like Zimbra is a VMware product. Zimbra snip.JPG. What concerns me is that at this point Zimbra has not acknowledge the issue and as before, a remedy may take weeks or months. Also, the article you previous referred to (The Future of the Zimbra Offline Experience) was written almost a full year ago, and no realization of that has been made.

Yahoo did own Zimbra according to this article (Yahoo Sheds Zimbra, VMware Gains A Foundation For Web Apps | TechCrunch), and by the logo at the top of the application it at least looks like Zimbra is a VMware product.
    I don't dispute the fact that Yahoo! and VMware owned Zimbra at various periods in it's history but it is not a VMware product (despite the old branding) and VMware does not own Zimbra.

What concerns me is that at this point Zimbra has not acknowledge the issue and as before, a remedy may take weeks or months.
    You will probably not see any 'acknowledgement' in the forums, the correct place would be bugzilla for reporting problems, feel free to file a bug report but I'd guess you won't see any fix or update to ZD for this problem but I could be wrong.

Also, the article you previous referred to (The Future of the Zimbra Offline Experience) was written almost a full year ago, and no realization of that has been made.
    So it was written a year ago but the information is still valid, it is under development and when it's available you will see an announcement in the forums.
    Regards

Bill

I understand the ZD EOL. I understand the lack of updates to ZD. I also understand the "replacement offline client" link that you provided. Is there a time-frame that we will have to live without ZD? One month, 6 month's, 1 year?

Quote Originally Posted by walgie View Post
    I understand the ZD EOL. I understand the lack of updates to ZD. I also understand the "replacement offline client" link that you provided. Is there a time-frame that we will have to live without ZD? One month, 6 month's, 1 year?
    Products are never pre-announced but I'm guessing there will be a version sometime this year, you can also take a look at this blog post.
    Regards

Bill

Default EOL? Thanks for the update (from 2012)

I never understand why when Yahoo changes something that Zimbra fails but my iOS and Android mail apps just keep working. In any event, had I known Zimbra was EOL I would have moved on 2 years ago. I bought EM Client a few months ago after the syncing fiasco when Yahoo changed for the sake of change and I have had a Yahoo account since the last century -- love that subfolder syncing! Thanks for the free software Zimbra, VM, or whatever your name is now. Honestly, thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I think you're a bit behind the times,what do you think this has to do with VMware? What makes you think this is a ZD issue rather than a problem with the Yahoo! servers? In any case you should also be aware that Zimbra Desktop is EOL (and has been for a long time) so I wouldn't expect any updates to ZD any time soon other than the replacement offline client.

Same problem in both using Zimbra or Firefox web to access Yahoo.
    It seems Yahoo is doing something..or working hard to dismay its fans.
    Sadly they don't have a system to tell users.
    I point out the issue in a very polite way in Yahoo Q&A, and Yahoo staff was really unprofessional deducted me 10 points. sorry my rant.