Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra Desktop/Yahoo Mail - suddenly stopped synching

This same situation happened a little over a year ago and I did notice Zimbra truncated my password by 2 characters. Anyway, filing a bug report did result in a fairly rapid fix. If Zimbra is truly EOL then what other similar product is avail. My old Outlook stopped working about 3 years ago after one of the wonderful Win 7 "updates" (actually deliberate code addition to slow down your PC) and Zimbra has carried the water since then.

I tried Evolution but that was 100% useless and I was never able to receive a single e-mail from Yahoo.

So again what are the options.

I have been using the EM Client. It cost $29. It throws a Yahoo password error when it checks for mail but it does check for the mail. I turned off the Yahoo calendar since the Yahoo broke their caldev thingy years ago and made me switch to google calendar. EM Client is free for two accounts. With a paid account I have 4 yahoo, 2 gmail, one Live Mail and one Exchange (1&1.com) account. My auto-complete also works on EM Client whereas Zimbra would not on a Windows 7 x64 machine but would on the x86 machines.

I had forgotten about that 2 character, password truncation thing. That was mind-numbing.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWurlitzer View Post
    This same situation happened a little over a year ago and I did notice Zimbra truncated my password by 2 characters. Anyway, filing a bug report did result in a fairly rapid fix. If Zimbra is truly EOL then what other similar product is avail. My old Outlook stopped working about 3 years ago after one of the wonderful Win 7 "updates" (actually deliberate code addition to slow down your PC) and Zimbra has carried the water since then.

I tried Evolution but that was 100% useless and I was never able to receive a single e-mail from Yahoo.

So again what are the options.

Just FYI to everyone having these problems, I've discovered a work around -- albeit not a convenient one. I deleted and re-added my Yahoo Small biz emails as generic IMAP accounts, instead of using the Yahoo option. I can now send email again, hooray. I was getting errors with trying this with the regular free Yahoo account, but it seems to work well enough for the others. I did try simply deleting/re-adding as a Yahoo account, that did not fix the problem. So, clearly there are settings in that "Yahoo" account type that no longer jive with whatever changes Yahoo has made recently.

I have a paid Yahoo Plus account but not Small Biz and the generic imap account did not work for me. I even tried to change my SMTP outgoing server to a gmail server and that also did not work. It sets up but the outgoing message just sits in the Outbox. Indicating, to me anyway, that it's not just something to do with the outgoing server. My other email program has several Yahoo accounts and Sending has not been affected so I figure it's Zimbra, not Yahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by angrytourist View Post
    Just FYI to everyone having these problems, I've discovered a work around -- albeit not a convenient one. I deleted and re-added my Yahoo Small biz emails as generic IMAP accounts, instead of using the Yahoo option. I can now send email again, hooray. I was getting errors with trying this with the regular free Yahoo account, but it seems to work well enough for the others. I did try simply deleting/re-adding as a Yahoo account, that did not fix the problem. So, clearly there are settings in that "Yahoo" account type that no longer jive with whatever changes Yahoo has made recently.

I got my free one working with the generic IMAP as well now. The downside is I'm now plagued once again with the constant "enter your password" request on all the accounts. I'm choosing that as the lesser of two evils for now. Since Zimbra hasn't changed but Yahoo has, I'm going to guess there's now some type of incompatibility with changes made by Yahoo -- Zimbra just can't cope. Perhaps new security protocols, certs -- something like that. I'm not an IT person, so can't offer a real educated answer or any crafty fixes. It looks like I'm going to have to find a new email application since I don't think Zimbra Desktop is being updated anymore. Such a bummer, as I really have loved using this application over the years. If someone wanted to update it, I'd be a paying customer.

Are people still having this problem. I have this exact problem and was just hoping it would get fixed? I haven't changed to installing Yahoo as IMAP yet but was wanting see if anyone had a better fix before trying this.

Ok, even though Yahoo and some sites say that external email clients will only do inbox and sent items, it's not true. I just set it up on outlook 2013 and it is in the process of pulling all my sub folders right now (years of it). Guess I'm going to Outlook 2013. I may try the updated Zimbra once it is released.

I followed these exact steps, using IMAP instead of POP3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTxugsMDAKo

Good Luck all,
    HaO
    Last edited by HaOsLsE; 04-16-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Hi, guess it is still not working. I don't want to use outlook 2013 as I was hoping to use free software. Zimbra desktop has worked for me really well until now. I have tried everything but converting to IMAP and so I will try that now. If no luck I guess I will need to move onto something else.
    Last edited by EdCar; 04-18-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angrytourist View Post
    The downside is I'm now plagued once again with the constant "enter your password" request on all the accounts.
    BTW, this has settled down, I'm only having to re-enter my password on occasion now. Better than every 20 minutes. Best of luck to everyone getting their email back up.

I have the same problem of emails being stuck in the outbox when sent from Yahoo!. However, when I sent a mail from Gmail, there was no problem. The mail left the outbox immediately. Thus, I can safely conclude that this is a problem with Yahoo! and not Zimbra. So, there appears to be nothing that I can do except wait for Yahoo! to rectify whatever caused the incompatibility.