Thread: One of my email accounts within Zimbra is Paused and it would not be Online again

Default One of my email accounts within Zimbra is Paused and it would not be Online again

Product: Zimbra Desktop 7.2.5 GA (build 12038) on Windows 7 64 bit

Issue: I have about 10 email accounts set up within Zimbra Desktop. One of my POP 3 email accounts has suddenly paused for past 2 days. I have tried everything including reset, restart, close everything from task manager and then relaunch, edit the account information, but nothing works. It just does not sync. The same account details are used on my blackberry (OS 10). It works fine on my handheld but the email account has suddenly stopped working on Zimbra. Please note that I have also tried to delete old emails, move many old emails to local archive folder but it still wont be back online.

What else can I do to get this issue resolved? Please help.

Hi,

Are you able to ask to your IT department?

First thing that comes to my mind is that POP access is now not accesible anymore. BES 10 devices usually use active sync to sync with Zimbra (not POP3), even if your company has a BES server, your BB device will still use active sync and MAPI (outlook) at the backend...never pop3.

One quick test you could run to check if POP is still up and running in your servers is to:

1) Run "cmd.exe" in your windows machine
    2) telnet yourserverip 110 (or whatever port you use for your pop3 connection)
    3) See if you can access the port in which case your cmd screen will go black or it just stays there saying something like "trying to establish connection"

Plesae note that you would probably have ton install "telnet"...google a little bit on how to do that

Regards,
    Sebas