Thread: Default sync time

Default Default sync time

Currently it defaults to 60 seconds. I would like to see it at about 5 minutes and not be a user configurable option during set up. Configurable as an option only after install. I look at this as a way to use the desktop to cut down a bit on data transfer and bandwidth usage as well as possibly lighten the server load a bit.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Are you filing all these suggestions in bugzilla?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

This polling interval will become a non-issue once we release 5.0 which supports "push"

In the mean time please file an enhancement ticket in bugzilla and we can at least change the default to 5 minutes. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    This polling interval will become a non-issue once we release 5.0 which supports "push"

In the mean time please file an enhancement ticket in bugzilla and we can at least change the default to 5 minutes. Thanks!
    Well i just updated to the latest server version, the day before yesterday and installed Zimbra Desktop to make sure that it would sync up the inbox with the server. I setup an external gmail account on the Desktop and another one on the Server (different accounts). They work fine individually, but the Emails on the Server don't appear on Zimbra Desktop and vice versa. What am I doing wrong here?

I just realized what it is, the Desktop sets up a completely seperate inbox, is there not a way to consolidate all inboxes into 1? In other words, I would like to have 3 seperate boxes, the Main Server, a second inbox and a 3rd. However, I would like all of them to go into a single inbox, and I want all replies to go through the Third service provider. Of course, I want all the email to be synced back up to the main server, to provide centralized backup.
    Last edited by juanfermin; 03-28-2008 at 10:03 AM.