Thread: howto switch from english to another language?

Hybrid View

Default howto switch from english to another language?

Hello,

how can I do to switch the configuration files from the standard english language to another?

Tnx

Ciao

Change your browser's language setting. You can test this by trying JP (Japan) and navagate to the calendar. You should see some translated strings.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

This has been asked before, and I would like to drop in a 'me too'. It would me nice if one could select in Zimbra what the language preference is. I am Dutch, but I like to set my browser language to English. But that gives me all kinds of Enlish locales in Zimbra I'd rather have in Dutch (or European) settings.

The language selection based on the browser is nice as an initial language / locale, but it would really be nice if the user can change it without changing browser settings.

Sietse

Hi

I was confused also at beginning and it took me a while to master it.

If you want to have dutch translation, you have to get the language files translated and to have them in the right directory. In the language files you need to have all the differencies compared to the original english files.

That means that you can have only 24h time and the date settings. The result is european time/date but english text.

Unfortunately this method in Zimbra means that everybody will get the same.

In the browser you have the language prefenrence list, which defines what language files Zimbre will send.

-- Timo

Quote Originally Posted by vogon1
    This has been asked before, and I would like to drop in a 'me too'. It would me nice if one could select in Zimbra what the language preference is.
    I agree with this !
    Our office is in Belgium, but we have employees from Italia, Spain, France, etc..., and they often connect from outside our office (anywhere in Europe actually).
    It would be very nice if Zimbra could remember a per-user language setting !

Quote Originally Posted by Bingo
    I agree with this !
    Our office is in Belgium, but we have employees from Italia, Spain, France, etc..., and they often connect from outside our office (anywhere in Europe actually).
    It would be very nice if Zimbra could remember a per-user language setting !
    Bugzilla please. Either file it or vote foe an existing issue.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Default Italian translation

We have started to translate Zimbra in Italian. Someone has already done it?
    Bye
    Stefano