Thread: [SOLVED] Telsys is withholding Norwegian translation. Please help!

Threaded View

Default [SOLVED] Telsys is withholding Norwegian translation. Please help!

The official Norwegian Zimbra partner, Telsys is not willing to release their finished Norwegian translation. The reason for this is, that they are afraid of competition, and the official excuse is: That they are afraid of competitors that are not as professional as them, damaging the market. This has forced me and a handful of others people to reinvent the wheel
    Is this a good practice for a Zimbra official partner? Please let them know how you feel about them not contributing to the community! You can email them at xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Anyway, we have translated about 50% language text files. these files resides on a web server. We make suggestions, and the moderator apply the changes.

Is it possible to make an automatic wget using cron, that downloads these files when they are changed? I would also like to make symbolic links of these files and place them in the right directories. Is this possible? If yes how?

I'm <removed real name>, CEO at Telsys AS. We have never told anybody that we are afraid of competition, and we have also given language files earlier. After Flums (<removed real name>) released these publicy we have told people that have contacted us to download this instead, since our translation had Telsys hardcoded in the language sting several places.
    Last edited by uxbod; 06-09-2009 at 04:47 AM. Reason: removed email address and added quote from Telsys AS due to a reported post