Thread: Trouble with translated Zimbra 6.0.3 FOSS

Hybrid View

Default Trouble with translated Zimbra 6.0.3 FOSS

I can't find a solution to the following problems, and appreciate any help.

1) The time and date format is US English, no matter what I do. The name of the days are all translated to Norwegian, as is the name of the months and so on. Default language in Zimbra is Norwegian. I have also doublechecked the preferred language of my browser, and it's definitely Norwegian.

2) The Admin Console is in English, even though Norwegian is set as the default language and all the .properties-files are located both in .../zimbraadmin/...classes/... and .../zimbra/.../classes/...

3) This is a tricky one! I have this scenario:
    • Administrator shares the whole account of user A with user B.
    • Hence, user B can see user A's mailfolders
    • Then someone sends some e-mails to user A.
    • User B sees that (In the overview pane (treeview on the left side of the screen)) that User A has unread e-mails in his inbox.
    • User B clicks on user A's shared inbox, and expects to see the e-mails listed in the Content Pane. But it's empty, reporting "No results found".
    Number three is not an issue if you are using default US English as language (you can see the e-mails in the Content Pane), but with all the other languages I have tried this happens.
    Last edited by primaxx; 11-26-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: adding info

Looks like a syntax error in your Z*_no.properties files.

These files are parsed by Java, sometimes in weird context, so the behavior of single quotes and other special characters is tricky. I had several problems like the ones you mention with the French translation. The solution was to replace the files methodically, starting wiith the small ones, and the big ones proceeding by sections like in a binary search. That is, you replace 1/2 of the file with the Norwegian translation and test. If it works, you replace 1/4 of the remaining part and test again, and so on until you find the error. Takes forever but is the only way I found.

Just in case you have an easy to spot error, can you send the NO files to me? My e-mail is cvidal at whitehatmail.fr.

Thank you cvidal, I really appreciate your help!

I have sent you the translated files, in the hope of that you may find some syntax-errors unknown to me.

Primaxx
    Last edited by primaxx; 12-01-2009 at 01:41 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by primaxx View Post
    I can't find a solution to the following problems, and appreciate any help.

1) The time and date format is US English, no matter what I do. The name of the days are all translated to Norwegian, as is the name of the months and so on. Default language in Zimbra is Norwegian. I have also doublechecked the preferred language of my browser, and it's definitely Norwegian.
    Have you tried different browsers?

I saw this problem when using Firefox beta for Win, even though it was set to Norwegian as preferred language.

Using IE or previous (GA) Firefox releases, it comes up with Norwegian out of the box. Nearly drove me nuts (and out of sleep) prior to a demonstration I was doing the day after, but finally thought of the simple idea of testing with another browser.

The same may apply to issue no 2, BTW.

Rgrds,
    Thomas B

I am sorry I haven't updated this post, but issue #1 is solved with the latest version of the Norwegian translation.

Issue 2 and 3 still remains though...

Hi

Just sharing info about this thread. Since there have been some progress. Translation is now moved to Github: https://github.com/Flums/Norwegian-Zimbra-Translation

The reason for moving it away from SF was no commitment from Zimbra to help people getting moderator/write access. I've also filed a bug (RFE) for norwegian language support: https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=67600

There is also a irc-channel called #zimbra-no@Freenode where you can talk with me. I am also availeble on Skype if anyone want to get in touch with me. Skype name is philipgabrielsen

Please vote for bug, and PLEASE, contrib to translation on Github. All commits will be dragged into master, and i monitor this stuff on a dayly basis.

Cheers!