Thread: Translation Status

Default Translation Status

I have updated the translation check tool so that it can be run automatically. The report is generated twice a day and is hosted at the following URL:

http://zimbra-xtras.sourceforge.net/l10n-status.html

Just like before, you can click on the percentage for each language's files and see the report details. By default, the report is collapsed but you can expand each section by clicking on the triangles next to each section heading.

This should help users and contributors alike to evaluate the completeness of each language available. Let me know if you see any problems with the report or have suggestions for its improvement.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    I have updated the translation check tool so that it can
    http://zimbra-xtras.sourceforge.net/l10n-status.html
    Great!. It would be better if we modify wiki page to point to this URL instead of the actual static page for status.

This should help users and contributors alike to evaluate the completeness of each language available. Let me know if you see any problems with the report or have suggestions for its improvement.
    One suggestion: Could you modify the report so duplicate keys would be considered as good keys? Nowadays, spanish and finnish translations, for example, are complete. However due to some keys are similar in english, they are considered as duplicated and completion percent is lower. This can give an unrealistic view about translation completion to end user and administrators.
    Yes, I could also delete duplicate keys, but I prefer having a full translation in order to perform future modifications.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by inigoml View Post
    Great!. It would be better if we modify wiki page to point to this URL instead of the actual static page for status.
    I updated the Translations wiki page already to point to the new status page.

One suggestion: Could you modify the report so duplicate keys would be considered as good keys? Nowadays, spanish and finnish translations, for example, are complete. However due to some keys are similar in english, they are considered as duplicated and completion percent is lower.
    This is a reasonable request. But I need to think of a good way of doing this. Perhaps each translation defines the list of original messages that are known to NOT be translated. Then, those keys would be ignored when the tool runs and would not contribute to the percent complete score.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

The report is not correct for the Swedish translation updated two days ago. It doesn't seem to pick up the current files on SourceForge?

Default current files...

hi there-- i believe this is fixed now. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by rickard View Post
    The report is not correct for the Swedish translation updated two days ago. It doesn't seem to pick up the current files on SourceForge?