Thread: Several language pack at the same time?

Question Several language pack at the same time?

Hi.. I am installing Zimbra for an english company which also employ several french people. So basically, I would want Zimbra to be in english for a group of users, and in french for another group.

Is that kind of configuration possible, as when I try to install the french language pack I get the following message:

Remplace les fichiers en anglais (Zimbra ne marchera que en français)? [Non]
    (Replace english files (Zimbra would work only in french)?

Thanks in advance for your help..
    Last edited by Yann2; 05-14-2007 at 07:39 AM. Reason: typo

Hi

The Zimbra looks from browser settings which language to use. The browser has a preference list which language to use first and so on.

Here is my script, which I use to copy all finnish files to the right locations

/bin/cp AjxMsg_fi.properties /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/WEB-INF/classes/msgs/
    /bin/cp ZhMsg_fi.properties /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/WEB-INF/classes/msgs/
    /bin/cp ZmMsg_fi.properties /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/WEB-INF/classes/msgs/
    /bin/cp ZMsg_fi.properties /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/WEB-INF/classes/msgs/
    chown zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/WEB-INF/classes/msgs/*_fi.properties

/bin/cp ZsMsg_fi.properties /opt/zimbra/conf/msgs/
    chown zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra/conf/msgs/*_fi.properties

/bin/cp ZaMsg_fi.properties /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbraAdmin/WEB-INF/classes/msgs/
    /bin/cp AjxMsg_fi.properties /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbraAdmin/WEB-INF/classes/msgs/
    /bin/cp ZhMsg_fi.properties /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbraAdmin/WEB-INF/classes/msgs/
    /bin/cp ZmMsg_fi.properties /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbraAdmin/WEB-INF/classes/msgs/
    /bin/cp ZMsg_fi.properties /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbraAdmin/WEB-INF/classes/msgs/
    chown zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbraAdmin/WEB-INF/classes/msgs/*_fi.properties

/bin/cp ZmKeys_fi.properties /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbraAdmin/WEB-INF/classes/keys/
    /bin/cp AjxKeys_fi.properties /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbraAdmin/WEB-INF/classes/keys/
    chown zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbraAdmin/WEB-INF/classes/keys/*_fi.properties

/bin/cp ZmKeys_fi.properties /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/WEB-INF/classes/keys/
    /bin/cp AjxKeys_fi.properties /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/WEB-INF/classes/keys/
    chown zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/WEB-INF/classes/keys/*_fi.properties
    To activate the language files you have to restart tomcat

su - zimbra
    tomcat restart
    -- Timo

Default set language

Is there somewhere the language can be set?

For example I'm using an English browser but I like to use the Chines Zimbra interface.

Good to know that!

Somewhat related .... How well does Zimbra support the encoding in email content? Does it default to utf8 or can it show email sent in different encoding?