Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.5.5 French Translation

Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    Hi Carlos- can you elaborate on the issues with the changes from d3vil? I want to know if this is specific to FR or a global issue.

thx, greg
    It is probable a global issue.

The translation has its particularities with single quotes ('). In most places you can use it without any problem. If the string has arguments, like {0}, two quotes have to be used, like:
    It''s an example

D3vil hit this problem but tried to use the unicode quote \u2019 that doesn't pass very well.

Then there were a few backslash (\) missing or in the wrong place, probably due to cut&paste operations.

It took a lot of work for Klug and me to get a reasonable FR version due to the single quote particularities. D3vil work is very good from the French language point of view, but she/he needs to test the changes more often (every 10/20 lines edited). On the cosmetic side, there are many strings that became too long, even if the translation is correct, so testing the final result is essential.

I integrated about 1/3 of the ZmMsg_fr done by d3vil, plus the full AjxMsg and ZMsg. So there is quite a lot of work to do (the rest of ZmMsg plus ZaMsg), but I will do this for the next release (4.5.6?).

Carlos

Default mail filter

Hi,

I install the last release of the french package and it's still impossible to create a new mail filter.

thanks or the translation!

Quote Originally Posted by dmore73 View Post
    Hi,

I install the last release of the french package and it's still impossible to create a new mail filter.

thanks or the translation!
    You probably used the previous version. Download the latest version from PHPfileNavigator.

Carlos

Carlos- did you post the latest version the strings to the SVN as well?

Also- update, d3vil is updating the issues with the single quote and backslash.

Quote Originally Posted by cvidal View Post
    You probably used the previous version. Download the latest version from PHPfileNavigator.

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    Carlos- did you post the latest version the strings to the SVN as well?

Also- update, d3vil is updating the issues with the single quote and backslash.
    I updated SVN now. Please ask d3vil to contact David (Klug) or me directly, so we can coordinate our efforts. I started with the 5.0-beta translation :-)

Carlos

Hello, I'm d3vil from HTP. I understood that the French team is already working on the 5.0 beta strings and I want to know if they are working on a part of the strings that includes the quote and slash issues (I understood there are still single quote characters in places where there should be double quote characters - see bug #16934). Should I fix those problems and redeliver the files? I also want to know if the files from the SVN are the latest ones, because, in case I should fix these problems, I must "lock" them for 1 day while I will work on them.

Hi d3vil.

The files in the public (sourceforge) SVN are the last from us. They're for 4.5.5.
    The quotes are fixed in these files (along with some "too long translation" issues).

Carlos (cvidal) started the 5.0 beta translation, when I spoke with him yesterday the ZhMsg file was done and he was working on ZmMsg.

Hello, Klug,

In the "ZhMgs_fr.properties" from SVN (version 4.5.5) there are some strings with single quote characters in places where there should be double quote characters (look for strings "Une adresse dans "<b>{0}</b>" est dans le Carnet d'Adresses" (ID "FILT_COND_ADDRESSBOOK_IN"), "Une address dans "<b>{0}</b>" <b>n'est pas</b> dans le Carnet d'Adresses" (ID "FILT_COND_ADDRESSBOOK_NOT_IN") or "<b>{0}</b> n'est pas identique \u00e0 "<b>{1}</b>"" (ID "FILT_COND_HEADER_NOT_IS = ")). As those strings contain a {0} parameter, I think they should have double apostrophes, right?

Quote Originally Posted by d3vil View Post
    As those strings contain a {0} parameter, I think they should have double apostrophes, right?
    I guess you're right.

I did not test most of the FILT_COND_* expression because I don't know where they're used in Zimbra. And having a quick look at the SVN file, there are other mistakes in these expressions.

Considering their name I guess it's about the filters but I did not find where exactly.

Since the French team is already working on the 5.0 beta strings, will they take care of this problem or should I correct those mistakes and upload the files on SVN, because, if so, I think the files from SVN will need to be merged somehow into what they are doing.