Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4.5.5 French Translation

Hybrid View

Default 4.5.5 French Translation

OK, the translation of the 4.5.5 is ready.

Zimbra has kindly contributed with their own revision (d3vil's work in the SVN), and after some merging here we have the 4.5.5_GA_838.

As usual, the tar file with the date zimlet, the spelling patch and the installation script can be downloaded from http://files.whitehatmail.fr. Otherwise, here are the properties files. The same files have been uploaded to the SVN repository.

Enjoy!

Carlos
    Last edited by cvidal; 04-18-2008 at 10:39 AM.

Exclamation HTTP 500 Exception after installing this language pack

Hi,

I installed the pack from http://files.whitehatmail.fr. on a fresh 4.5.5 install under CentOS 4 (I choose not to replace the english language files)

Now the simplified interface is not working anymore:

First thing is the simplified web interface is now always in french even using a web browser setup for english (this works only for the normal interface)

Second (really annoying) thing is as soon as I login in (using any user account I want) I get the following Exception report:

Code:
    type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: An error occurred while evaluating function "zm:displayMsgDate"
    	org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:854)
    	org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:791)
    	org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspService(org.apache.jsp.h.search:141)
    	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:332)
    	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
    	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
    	com.zimbra.webClient.filters.CharEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharEncodingFilter.java:45)
    	com.zimbra.webClient.filters.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:322)

root cause

javax.servlet.jsp.el.ELException: An error occurred while evaluating function "zm:displayMsgDate"
    	org.apache.commons.el.Logger.logError(Logger.java:484)
    	org.apache.commons.el.Logger.logError(Logger.java:545)
    	org.apache.commons.el.FunctionInvocation.evaluate(FunctionInvocation.java:174)
    	org.apache.commons.el.FunctionInvocation.evaluate(FunctionInvocation.java:163)
    	org.apache.commons.el.ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.evaluate(ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.java:263)
    	org.apache.commons.el.ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.evaluate(ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.java:190)
    	org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.proprietaryEvaluate(PageContextImpl.java:932)
    	org.apache.jsp.tag.web.conv.convListView_tag$convListView_tagHelper.invoke1(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.conv.convListView_tag:1037)
    	org.apache.jsp.tag.web.conv.convListView_tag$convListView_tagHelper.invoke(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.conv.convListView_tag:1090)
    	org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.view_tag.doTag(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.view_tag:304)
    	org.apache.jsp.tag.web.conv.convListView_tag.doTag(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.conv.convListView_tag:157)
    	org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspx_meth_app_convListView_0(org.apache.jsp.h.search:596)
    	org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspx_meth_c_when_5(org.apache.jsp.h.search:572)
    	org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspx_meth_c_choose_1(org.apache.jsp.h.search:455)
    	org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspService(org.apache.jsp.h.search:134)
    	com.zimbra.webClient.filters.CharEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharEncodingFilter.java:45)

root cause

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal pattern character 'j'
    	java.text.SimpleDateFormat.compile(SimpleDateFormat.java:678)
    	java.text.SimpleDateFormat.initialize(SimpleDateFormat.java:497)
    	java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:446)
    	java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:427)
    	com.zimbra.cs.taglib.bean.BeanUtils.getDateFormat(BeanUtils.java:298)
    	com.zimbra.cs.taglib.bean.BeanUtils.displayMsgDate(BeanUtils.java:331)
    	sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor80.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    	org.apache.commons.el.FunctionInvocation.evaluate(FunctionInvocation.java:172)
    	org.apache.commons.el.FunctionInvocation.evaluate(FunctionInvocation.java:163)
    	org.apache.commons.el.ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.evaluate(ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.java:263)
    	org.apache.commons.el.ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.evaluate(ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.java:190)
    	org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.proprietaryEvaluate(PageContextImpl.java:932)
    	org.apache.jsp.tag.web.conv.convListView_tag$convListView_tagHelper.invoke1(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.conv.convListView_tag:1037)
    	org.apache.jsp.tag.web.conv.convListView_tag$convListView_tagHelper.invoke(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.conv.convListView_tag:1090)
    	org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.view_tag.doTag(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.view_tag:304)
    	org.apache.jsp.tag.web.conv.convListView_tag.doTag(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.conv.convListView_tag:157)
    	org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspx_meth_app_convListView_0(org.apache.jsp.h.search:596)
    	org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspx_meth_c_when_5(org.apache.jsp.h.search:572)
    	org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspx_meth_c_choose_1(org.apache.jsp.h.search:455)
    	org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspService(org.apache.jsp.h.search:134)
    It looks like either a mistake in Zimbra itself or a d (for day) translated to j (for jour) somewhere where it shouldn't.

Hope somebody can tell me how to fix this... Anyway I'll look at it more in detail when I can get access to the server again...

EDIT: maybe one of these is the culprit (ZhMsg_fr.properties)

mFormatDateSent = EEE MMM jj hh:mm a
    ZM_formatDateMediumNoYear = MMM jj

I'll check this evening...
    Last edited by konrad; 05-23-2007 at 08:11 AM. Reason: A small idea

Effectively the lines

Code:
    mFormatDateSent = EEE MMM jj hh:mm a
    ZM_formatDateMediumNoYear = MMM jj
    are the ones you have to change replacing "jj" with "dd" and "a" with "y"

I have not tested the Simplified Interface for the moment but we've found out another issue : we can not create filters with the new translation (it works in English, not French).

GregA, if you read this, could you please ask d3vil to double check the translation ?

I'm going to push a new one on the SVN in the afternoon : some phrases are too long for 1024x768 screens and/or buttons and I have to find out about the different errors reported.

Default French Translation

Hi-- this does appear to be a localization issue, will have the gang check into it...

Quote Originally Posted by Klug View Post
    I have not tested the Simplified Interface for the moment but we've found out another issue : we can not create filters with the new translation (it works in English, not French).

GregA, if you read this, could you please ask d3vil to double check the translation ?

I'm going to push a new one on the SVN in the afternoon : some phrases are too long for 1024x768 screens and/or buttons and I have to find out about the different errors reported.

Thanks a lot.

i discovr also some regressions with grammar !!!

For ex accepter : instead of accepté when replying to a meeting request

About the filter issue, I did not found anything wrong in the file (but maybe I did not search correctly?) 8-(

http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17123

Default New patch

Hi everybody:

The changes introduced by d3vil gave us a lot of problems. Here is a new version of the file based on 4.5.4 plus a few of d3vil's changes.

This fixes all the problems mentioned in this thread.

As usual the full packages is at PHPfileNavigator

Cheers!

Carlos

Default translation problems

Hi Carlos- can you elaborate on the issues with the changes from d3vil? I want to know if this is specific to FR or a global issue.

thx, greg

Quote Originally Posted by cvidal View Post
    Hi everybody:

The changes introduced by d3vil gave us a lot of problems. Here is a new version of the file based on 4.5.4 plus a few of d3vil's changes.

This fixes all the problems mentioned in this thread.

As usual the full packages is at PHPfileNavigator

Cheers!

Carlos