Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] Desktop gives error on startup

Quote Originally Posted by jrefl5 View Post
    That appears to be the workaround that will do the job.

Thanks
    Have you tried just doing a "run as..." and run it as the administrator while logged in as the user?

Run as won't work. It will install YZD as the user you specify, and the current logged in user will not be able to run it.

I tried this. The after realizing what happened, I elevated the user's rights, and re-installed. Still broken, so I guess now I will have to uninstall, and try again.

I would be hard pressed to call this problem (or even this thread) solved. This is a serious shortcoming, and everyone at Zimbra should be ashamed for taking software out of beta with such a ridiculous security hole in it. No excuse for this.

What about doing this when you've created a new user? which files need to be copied? - copy the ~\Local settings\Application Data\Zimbra - before installing zimbra desktop? or after installing it - to preserve everything?

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    currently we don't support multi-user environment. the product is limited to personal laptop or desktop.

there are RFEs filed to add multi-user support later on.
    It is jan 2010, and this is still a problem. I have searched the forums and have not found a satisfactory answer to this problem. I have an exchange environment that i am converting to zimbra. and with 60 remote sites and users numbering at almost 1000. i can not afford to run around to every desktop changing rights bakc and forth just to install zimbra desktop. also what happens when several different login accounts are used on one pc?? the zimbra app and icon on ly works properly for the account it was installed under .... not very good at all

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sangamc View Post
    It is jan 2010, and this is still a problem. I have searched the forums and have not found a satisfactory answer to this problem.
    The place to look would be bugzilla then check the Product Portal for details of when the feature will be released.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I am actually looking to download and try out the Beta now. i just cant find it. all the links ive used take me to the regular zimbra downloads page. do i need to sign up for the beta, or am i just looking in the wrong place.

I feel terrible since i convinced my boss that this was the product for our client, and raved about all the features. He bought it hook line and sinker, and now i have to give him the embarrasing news that it is not ready for primetime

I am actually looking to download and try out the Beta now. i just cant find it. all the links ive used take me to the regular zimbra downloads page. do i need to sign up for the beta, or am i just looking in the wrong place.
    The beta is not available, check the Product Portal for details.
    Regards

Bill

Checking back in to see if any progress has been made on this front. Not yet ready to give up on zimbra desktop. Apart from this issue it truly is a pleasure to use.

Checking back in to see if any progress has been made on this front. Not yet ready to give up on zimbra desktop. Apart from this issue it truly is a pleasure to use.
    The beta ZD 2.x has been available since early February, check the Zimbra Desktop forums for the announcement and read the post in detail.
    Regards

Bill

yes i just posted in the zimbra-desktop thread about this ... i should have read the forum first before posting here

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/general...-3-1-10-a.html