Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra Crash, need to reimpor lost emails

emotion production Guest

Angry Zimbra Crash, need to reimpor lost emails

Hi Zimbra

Have been using this wonderful email client until last night.
    I started updating, but when it restarted there was a error message, which of course I forgot to write down.
    Afterwards it didnt want to run, so I have reinstalled Zimbra, but I dont know how to get the email files into the account.

Is it possible to install the older version, and then just copy the store files back in the same directory?

Regards,

Jonas Lillie

emotion production Guest

Since its been 8 hours and I am desperate to get access to my emails, I will bump it.

Anyone?

Bangladesh normally but travel the world, particularly Asia, frequently.

See this section in the wiki: Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop - Zimbra :: Wiki

particularly point 5 to get information on how to manually uninstall and preserve your data files prior to reinstalling.

Whenever you run into errors, the first thing to check is the log file located at <install>/log/zdesktop.log. Going back in version usually is not supported. Your best chance is to upgade to the latest, let it fail, and submit your log for analysis. Thanks!

emotion production Guest

Thanks for the help so far.
    I have reinstalled the previous version, and copied the files from the 5 folders that the wiki told me to preserve. When I run Zimbra, it still asks me to open a new account, and dosent see the old account. Is there anyway to register the old account?

Jonas

Once you upgrade, your best chance is to stay with the latest. Going back in version after you already upgrade will cause data incompatibility issue. I should explicitly disallow going back (we'll fix that). Right now please upgrade to the latest again, let it fail, and let us take a look at your log. Thanks!

emotion production Guest

Hi jjzhuang

Thanks for your reply.
    The only problem is that is is not errors. I just dont see my old files, so it askes me to make a new account. I will upgrade now, and then I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

emotion production Guest

Ok, so now I am upgrading and it comes up with a error: your excisting dataset cant be reused: delete old dataset and continue with install, or quit...

What should I do next? Uninstall everything, and then reinstall the latest version?

It sounds like going back in version has corrupted the data. Unfortunately at this point you have to delete all the data and resync with server.

We'll fix the issue of preventing user from going back in version in the future. I'm sorry about the inconvenience.

emotion production Guest

Hi jjzhuang

So now that I have all the email files in the 5 folders. What should I do to resync the server? I have been searching this site for hours, but havent found anything so far.

Thanks