Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AUS: Update XML File Malformed (200)

Default AUS: Update XML File Malformed (200)

I just allowed ZD to autoupdate to build 1510. If I right click and choose to search for updates, though I get the following error instaead of the "no updates found": "AUS: Update XML File Malformed (200)." I got this error also when I updated to the last build and had to reinstall fully (no uninstall needed) from the huge exe file. However, now I cannot do that as the exe file on the site is the older build. So, how do I get rid of this error so that I can check for updates periodically?

hi, first of all i can't reproduce what you described. but also even if that happens you simply wouldn't update to this build. it shouldn't really do any harm to your existing install. not sure why you needed to make any reinstall.

which platform are you on?

First, I got the notification that there was an update newer than build 1482. The system notification did not denote which build the update was, but I simply went forward with the update. It did not appear to be a complete install but a true update. After the update, I restarted Zimbra and chose to right click the notification area icon and left click "check for updates" just to see if indeed the update was successful. That's when I got the error mentioned in my first post. I did check the actual version in the "about" option as well, so I do see that I have the new build. However, now I am concerned, since I'm getting that error ... how will I know when there's an update since the "check for updates" doesn't work? For example, if you come out with a build in 3 months newer than 1510, will ZD still autoupdate or does this error mean that both the autoupdate and manual update feature have been corrupted as well?

As I mentioned in the previous post, when I updated to build 1482 and then subsequently tried to "check for updates," I got this same error. I figured this might be something that got corrupted in the update process, and so I download the full install exe and installed it over the top of the then current install without doing any uninstalling. That corrected the "check for updates" error. However, that solution did not work this time around because I got the message that the version I was installing (the downloaded build 1482) was older than the currently installed version. As for my platform: I am using Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit on an Intel Centrino Dual Core. I know this may not be anything to be concerned with, but it always does alarm me when options that should accomplish a task give errors instead.
    Last edited by drdrem; 02-25-2009 at 08:58 PM.

So do you get the error every time you check for updates now? I just did exactly the same thing on my vista 64bit, and after upgrading to 1510, the check for updates continues to work.

Could you try this? Open the prism preference.js file located at:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Zimbra\zdesktop\ win32\prism\extensions\prism-runtime@developer.mozilla.org\defaults\preference. js

And find the setting for "app.update.url". It should be something like http://devel.zimbra.com/aus/desktop/nightly/update.php?...

Copy that entire URL into your web browser, preferably Firefox, and see what you get back.

Update. I did ask u asked, and there is no such url. This is what I find in that file under that setting:
    default=86400

pref("app.update.url", "@aus_url@");
    pref("app.update.url.manual", "http://www.zimbra.com/products/desktop.html");
    pref("app.update.url.details", "http://www.zimbra.com/products/desktop.html");
    pref("app.update.log.all", true);

No derivative of the word "devel" shows up anywhere in the file. Of course when I paste the url that I put in this post into an address bar of a browser, I simply get the zimbra download page. This may be related to Mozilla/firefox. If I go to firefox and "work offfline" and then check for updates for firefox, I get the exact same error message as the one I've described here. If I turn off "work offline" that error goes away when I check for firefox updates.
    Last edited by drdrem; 02-28-2009 at 08:50 PM.

wow, your install somehow didn't replace @aus_url@ with a real url. could you please provide the installation log? that's located at <install>/.install4j/installation.log.

Default Here's the Installation Log

[INFO] logger started at Wed Feb 25 11:57:05 CST 2009
    [INFO] exectuable name: C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer\Downloads\zdesktop_1_0_build_1482_win32 (1).exe
    [INFO] Properties:
    -- listing properties --
    java.runtime.name=Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Stand...
    exe4j.moduleName=C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer\Downloads\z...
    sun.boot.library.path=c:\users\michae~1\appdata\lo cal\temp\...
    exe4j.semaphoreName=c:_users_michael pheiffer_downloads_z...
    java.vm.version=1.5.0_15-b04
    java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/
    path.separator=;
    exe4j.consoleCodepage=cp0
    java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
    user.country=US
    sun.os.patch.level=Service Pack 1
    install4j.exeDir=C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer\Downloads\
    java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
    user.dir=C:\Users\MICHAE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\...
    java.runtime.version=1.5.0_15-b04
    java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironm ent
    java.endorsed.dirs=c:\users\michae~1\appdata\local \temp\...
    os.arch=x86
    java.io.tmpdir=C:\Users\MICHAE~1\AppData\Local\Tem p\
    line.separator=

java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    user.variant=
    exe4j.tempDir=C:\Users\MICHAE~1\AppData\Local\Temp \...
    os.name=Windows Vista
    install4j.noSecondaryProcess=true
    sun.java2d.noddraw=true
    sun.jnu.encoding=Cp1252
    java.library.path=C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer\Downloads;....
    java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
    java.class.version=49.0
    sun.management.compiler=HotSpot Client Compiler
    exe4j.isInstall4j=true
    os.version=6.0
    user.home=C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer
    user.timezone=America/Chicago
    java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
    java.specification.version=1.5
    file.encoding=Cp1252
    user.name=Michael Pheiffer
    java.class.path=C:\Users\MICHAE~1\AppData\Local\Te mp\...
    java.vm.specification.version=1.0
    sun.arch.data.model=32
    java.home=c:\users\michae~1\appdata\local\temp\...
    exe4j.launchName=C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer\Downloads\z...
    java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    user.language=en_US
    awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
    java.vm.info=mixed mode
    exe4j.unextractedPosition=25567515
    java.version=1.5.0_15
    java.ext.dirs=c:\users\michae~1\appdata\local\temp \...
    sun.boot.class.path=c:\users\michae~1\appdata\loca l\temp\...
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    install4j.appDir=C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer\AppData\Loc...
    file.separator=\
    java.vendor.url.bug=http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport...
    sun.cpu.endian=little
    sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle
    sun.desktop=windows
    sun.cpu.isalist=pentium_pro+mmx pentium_pro pentium+m...
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.RunScr iptAction: Before execute action
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.RunScr iptAction: Property rollbackSupported: false
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.RunScr iptAction: Property script: I4jScript_Internal_1
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.RunScr iptAction: Property rollbackScript: null
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.RunScr iptAction: After execute action
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.RunScr iptAction: Before execute action
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.RunScr iptAction: Property rollbackSupported: false
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.RunScr iptAction: Property script: I4jScript_Internal_4
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.RunScr iptAction: Property rollbackScript: null
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: prevVersion=1.0[class java.lang.String]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: prevBuild=1510[class java.lang.String]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: instanceId=e69bceeb-4d0f-44d7-a948-aa4b60da4009[class java.lang.String]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: joinDevProg=false[class java.lang.String]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.RunScr iptAction: After execute action
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Before execute action
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property variableName: needToUninstall
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property rollbackSupported: false
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property script: I4jScript_Internal_5
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property onlyIfUndefined: false
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property failIfNull: false
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: needToUninstall=true[class java.lang.Boolean]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: After execute action
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Before execute action
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property variableName: keepUserData
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property rollbackSupported: false
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property script: I4jScript_Internal_6
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property onlyIfUndefined: false
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property failIfNull: false
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: keepUserData=true[class java.lang.Boolean]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: After execute action
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property variableName: userHome
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property script: I4jScript_Internal_8
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: userHome=C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer\Documents[class java.lang.String]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.RunScr iptAction: Property script: I4jScript_Internal_12
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: languageId=en-US[class java.lang.String]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.StartupScreen: command: move 1 screens, executing actions, checking condition
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.WelcomeScreen: Show screen
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.WelcomeScreen: command: move 1 screens, executing actions, checking condition
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.LicenseScreen: Show screen
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.misc.RequireAd minAction: Before execute action
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.misc.RequireAd minAction: Property rollbackSupported: false
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.misc.RequireAd minAction: Property sudoRestart: false
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.misc.RequireAd minAction: After execute action
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.LicenseScreen: command: move 1 screens, executing actions, checking condition
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.DefaultInfoScr een: Show screen
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.DefaultInfoScr een: command: move 1 screens, executing actions, checking condition
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.FormScreen: Show screen
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.FormScreen: command: finish
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Finishing

your installation log is incomplete. can you attach the whole file as an attachment here?

Quote Originally Posted by drdrem View Post
    [INFO] logger started at Wed Feb 25 11:57:05 CST 2009
    [INFO] exectuable name: C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer\Downloads\zdesktop_1_0_build_1482_win32 (1).exe
    [INFO] Properties:
    -- listing properties --
    java.runtime.name=Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Stand...
    exe4j.moduleName=C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer\Downloads\z...
    sun.boot.library.path=c:\users\michae~1\appdata\lo cal\temp\...
    exe4j.semaphoreName=c:_users_michael pheiffer_downloads_z...
    java.vm.version=1.5.0_15-b04
    java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/
    path.separator=;
    exe4j.consoleCodepage=cp0
    java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
    user.country=US
    sun.os.patch.level=Service Pack 1
    install4j.exeDir=C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer\Downloads\
    java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
    user.dir=C:\Users\MICHAE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\...
    java.runtime.version=1.5.0_15-b04
    java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironm ent
    java.endorsed.dirs=c:\users\michae~1\appdata\local \temp\...
    os.arch=x86
    java.io.tmpdir=C:\Users\MICHAE~1\AppData\Local\Tem p\
    line.separator=

java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    user.variant=
    exe4j.tempDir=C:\Users\MICHAE~1\AppData\Local\Temp \...
    os.name=Windows Vista
    install4j.noSecondaryProcess=true
    sun.java2d.noddraw=true
    sun.jnu.encoding=Cp1252
    java.library.path=C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer\Downloads;....
    java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
    java.class.version=49.0
    sun.management.compiler=HotSpot Client Compiler
    exe4j.isInstall4j=true
    os.version=6.0
    user.home=C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer
    user.timezone=America/Chicago
    java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
    java.specification.version=1.5
    file.encoding=Cp1252
    user.name=Michael Pheiffer
    java.class.path=C:\Users\MICHAE~1\AppData\Local\Te mp\...
    java.vm.specification.version=1.0
    sun.arch.data.model=32
    java.home=c:\users\michae~1\appdata\local\temp\...
    exe4j.launchName=C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer\Downloads\z...
    java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    user.language=en_US
    awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
    java.vm.info=mixed mode
    exe4j.unextractedPosition=25567515
    java.version=1.5.0_15
    java.ext.dirs=c:\users\michae~1\appdata\local\temp \...
    sun.boot.class.path=c:\users\michae~1\appdata\loca l\temp\...
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    install4j.appDir=C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer\AppData\Loc...
    file.separator=\
    java.vendor.url.bug=http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport...
    sun.cpu.endian=little
    sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle
    sun.desktop=windows
    sun.cpu.isalist=pentium_pro+mmx pentium_pro pentium+m...
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.RunScr iptAction: Property script: I4jScript_Internal_1
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.RunScr iptAction: Property script: I4jScript_Internal_4
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: prevVersion=1.0[class java.lang.String]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: prevBuild=1510[class java.lang.String]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: instanceId=e69bceeb-4d0f-44d7-a948-aa4b60da4009[class java.lang.String]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: joinDevProg=false[class java.lang.String]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property variableName: needToUninstall
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property script: I4jScript_Internal_5
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: needToUninstall=true[class java.lang.Boolean]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property variableName: keepUserData
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property script: I4jScript_Internal_6
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: keepUserData=true[class java.lang.Boolean]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property variableName: userHome
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.SetVar iableAction: Property script: I4jScript_Internal_8
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: userHome=C:\Users\Michael Pheiffer\Documents[class java.lang.String]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.RunScr iptAction: Property script: I4jScript_Internal_12
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Variable changed: languageId=en-US[class java.lang.String]
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.StartupScreen: command: move 1 screens, executing actions, checking condition
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.WelcomeScreen: Show screen
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.WelcomeScreen: command: move 1 screens, executing actions, checking condition
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.LicenseScreen: Show screen
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.misc.RequireAd minAction: Before execute action
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.misc.RequireAd minAction: Property rollbackSupported: false
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.misc.RequireAd minAction: Property sudoRestart: false
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.misc.RequireAd minAction: After execute action
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.LicenseScreen: command: move 1 screens, executing actions, checking condition
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.DefaultInfoScr een: Show screen
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.DefaultInfoScr een: command: move 1 screens, executing actions, checking condition
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.FormScreen: Show screen
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.FormScreen: command: finish
    [INFO] com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextIm pl: Finishing

Default Installation Log for AUS error

Unfortunately, that is the complete log. As I mentioned at the outset, first got the error in question on build 1482. I was able to fix that by doing a full install, IE downlaod the exe, double click, etc etc. That took care of getting that error. However, after the auto update to 1510 I got the error again. As others have said in the forum, 1510 is (or was not at that time, anyway) the build loaded as the exe available from the download page. Anyway, the install log is showing me as trying to install 1482. That log must have replaced the log that was saved to my system when the autoupdate installed 1510. So, I have no log showing information on the installation of 1510; I just have the current install log which shows my attempt to reinstall from exe which was for 1482. I hope this makes sense.

We just put out a new RC2 release (1513). Can you download it from Zimbra offers Open Source email server software and shared calendar for Linux and the Mac and give it a try?

If it fails (or future update fails) please save the .install4j/installation.log right away (so that it won't get overwritten by reinstalls).