Couldn't access Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop server
Just back from hols, downloaded new update.
Restarting Zimbra Desktop returned the following error.
Couldn't access Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop server. If issue persists after reinstall, please check logs for errors and report to Zimbra Desktop - Zimbra - Forums
Thanks for the quick response but....
...how do I reinstall?
Where do I look for that.
Thanks for helping
Unable to run Zimbra Desktop.
Just to give you feedback.
1. I was looking for a suitable and hopefully better alternative for Outlook, as a self employed business consultant needing essentially an integrated email handler ( for 4 email accounts, including a gmail, windows live!, hotmail and gmx account / calendar / contacts database, with the calendar and contacts database ( at least) syncable with my Blackberry curve.
I am using a Hewlett Packard Laptop with Windows Vista Home Edition, connecting to the internet via wireless cable broadband.
2. I download the Zimbra Desktop application, since that seems the most suitable for my needs. During the installation process I get the message "injecting zimlets failed". Then, when clicking on the desktop icon to get the application to open/run, I get an open window with 3 red icons continually reloading from left to right... after about 1-2 mins i get the message "unable to access Zimbra Desktop Server" or somesuch, and directions here.
3. I am not especially technically orientated, so I find this more than a little frustrating. I am even more frustrated that there seems no clear uninstall process... with most applications i go to my start menu and click the uninstall... I dont have that option it seems with Zimbra... This isnt just frustrating, it is annoying.
4. I have reinstalled the software from the appropriate site. I have rebooted my machine after reinstall. Still no joy.
5. I do not want to have to send error logs anywhere - I just want to be able to download software that works.
Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong? Or failing that, how to uninstall?