Thread: Lost all accounts on Zimbra Desktop Update

Hybrid View

Default Lost all accounts on Zimbra Desktop Update

After 3 forced shutdown of my computer due to a firewall issue (unrelated to Zimbra) I was not able to find launch Zimbra (or even find shortcuts) after a successful restart. I navigated to the Zimbra folder on the C: drive and found a update.exe file and ran it. It seemed to reinstall Zimbra Desktop. The problem is it lost all of my accounts (5).

In a "store" folder I found 6 different folders (0-5) with 0 subfolders with .msg's in them. I assume this is my old data. Can I restore this data? Do I have to reinstall all of my accounts?

Thanks

Default Bad Desktop 2.0 Update

I've been using Desktop 2.0 for about 8 months (synced with Yahoo mail). I was lead to believe the backup was active. Received automatic update notification (recommended) to Desktop 7.1. Went through update process and created a nightmare. First, I did not get the 7.1. Second, all 2.0 emails were deleted and I can't seem to recover them. Most of the emails that were previously in Zimbra folders were manually removed from the Yahoo server; therefore reinstalling Zimbra now syncs to the modified Yahoo account. Normal updates should not be uninstall/reinstall with all data overwritten.

Anyhow, can someone steer me to retrieving those lost emails? Or is it a lost cause?
    Thank you.

Default Bad 7.1 Update

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    I've been using Desktop 2.0 for about 8 months (synced with Yahoo mail). I was lead to believe the backup was active. Received automatic update notification (recommended) to Desktop 7.1. Went through update process and created a nightmare. First, I did not get the 7.1. Second, all 2.0 emails were deleted and I can't seem to recover them. Most of the emails that were previously in Zimbra folders were manually removed from the Yahoo server; therefore reinstalling Zimbra now syncs to the modified Yahoo account. Normal updates should not be uninstall/reinstall with all data overwritten.

Anyhow, can someone steer me to retrieving those lost emails? Or is it a lost cause?
    Thank you.

Anyone find solution to retrieving lost emails during Desktop update to 7.1?
    Sure can use those lost emails. Zimbra folks screen calls to sell suites.
    Thank you

Default Re. Bad Desktop 2.0 Update

Can anyone refer me to a possible solution? Phone contact number to Zimbra seems to be unavailable.
    Thanks

Default Auto Upgrade WinXP32 v7.1 to v7.2 also lost accounts

20Oct Desktop from Zimbra Downloads
    Install and add accounts, GB's of mail
    27Oct offered incremental update, accept and regret - all accounts gone
    (previously lost all accounts and mail during a Win764 v2.0 to 7.01)
    now attempting uninstall and re-install of v7.1

Looks like Zimbra Desktop is a big JOKE and a very expensive waste of time and data. How does it delete suposedly saved emails to desktop. Posting on the internet does not get any help or assistance, same with contacting Zimbra.