Thread: [SOLVED] RBL-increase in security

Default [SOLVED] RBL-increase in security

Iam using Zimbra 5.0.16.It was a fresh install being two days old.The problem is
    my mailserver ip is blocked by spamhause and others.They says that toomany spams are sent by my IP and are blacklisted.How can i strengthen the security of my mail server ?

Ay help is appreciable for tis newcomer
    Thanks in advance
    Regards

Saj

If you have find a solution for this problem please communicate it
    in fact I am searching for a solution for spam filtering outgoing mails from zimbra to prevent my domain name to be blacklisted and I did not find a solution for that.
    Please help

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Abdelmonam Kouka View Post
    If you have find a solution for this problem please communicate it
    This post is a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdelmonam Kouka View Post
    in fact I am searching for a solution for spam filtering outgoing mails from zimbra to prevent my domain name to be blacklisted and I did not find a solution for that.
    Please help
    You would be far better posting details of your problem and what you've tried to fix it. If you're blacklisted then you're either an open relay, someone has hacked your server or you have a spammer using your server as a relay - you should search the forums and wiki for details on how to improve the anti-spam system. As I mentioned above you need to give exact details of your problem.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    This post is a year old.

You would be far better posting details of your problem and what you've tried to fix it. If you're blacklisted then you're either an open relay, someone has hacked your server or you have a spammer using your server as a relay - you should search the forums and wiki for details on how to improve the anti-spam system. As I mentioned above you need to give exact details of your problem.
    In fact it is a Master degree project, I was asked by a company to improve its mechanism of spam filtering, they are using zimbra and they would prevent to be black listed in case one of there client posts are hacked, for that they ask me to search for a solution to filter the outgoing mails from their server to detect if one of zimbra users is sending spams (either with bad intention or after being hacked).
    For that I search on the net, I find this article: Improving Anti-spam system - Zimbra :: Wiki
    but it talk about improving anti spam filtering for input mails and not for output ones.
    This is my exact problem. Thanks for your help, I need it to decide either to continue with this project (internship) or to search a new one.

Regards

Really sorry to say that it as been solved.One of my wiodows machine was infected and i filtered my net conection using iptables and blocked all other mail ports except my mailserver.By using this i solved the spam using my static ip.Then clear all the blocklists .Thats all.If you use ipcop or smoothwall you can configure the firwall using gui.Sorry for the late reply
    Regards

Saj